Weird Stuff You've Said as a Keeper- Quotes Out of Context

In a niche hobby, you often find the WEIRDEST phrases or sentences coming out of your mouth.

What are some of the weirdest things you’ve found yourself saying?

“Ooh yay, a bag of mice!”

9 Likes

That tangerine has really nice colors, and it only costs $150.

10 Likes

“You and the rest of the world might be afraid of snakes but I just spent $2250 on a little girl that will be 7 feet one day.”

Referring to Willow

11 Likes

Thank you for not taking a crap in the pool today for once. (Multiple lizards and snakes of mine love using their clean water as a toilet)

Tell your son to eat his mouse! He’s not coming out until he eats it. I don’t care how long it takes. (To my husband in regards to our picky hognose who also loves interaction and outside time)

Don’t use that pot. That’s the pot for heating the rats.

Don’t forget to pick up some crickets for the kids on the way home.

I know there’s others but those are probably the weirdest I can recall at the moment :joy:

10 Likes

“What should I do with this extra money? Oh I know! Buy some sticks and dirt!”

13 Likes

“Yay my box of dead animals are here to put in my freezer!”

11 Likes

The large noodle is always hard and never wants to relax.
(Pretty nervous Ballpython.)

Do you want to touch my noodle?

8 Likes

My three year old is ready is breed.

22 Likes

Lolol. Too relatable. I remember my husband said to me once “there’s sticks and dirt EVERYWHERE”. Yeah. But I need the good stuff. I dunno what’s in that dirt….

Now that he’s into building bioactive he is also buying dirt. And sometimes baking said dirt in the oven in disposable casserole pans to sanitize it. God forbid anyone come over and check the oven and ask what’s for dinner.

Dirt. It’s dirt. We’re baking it. It needs to be clean.

We’d probably both get involuntarily committed… :joy::joy::joy:

12 Likes

Love that clean dirt lol!

6 Likes

“Yes, that’s a bag of leaves in the freezer.”

Said that last night.

9 Likes

“Time to order more FroRo’s” (Frozen Rodents). Oh the looks I get :rofl:
And when speaking to a stubborn ball, when I put in a live prey item I’ll say “Come on, get your chomp & squeak”. What has this hobby done to me?! LOL

8 Likes

[Me] buys 2 months worth of frozen rodents.
[Me] fills freezer half full of dead frozen rodents.
[Friend] opens freezer door!

............PRICELESS...........
10 Likes

“I don’t mind showing you my balls”

10 Likes

The first time my mom realized that they were in the freezer lol :rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah that was priceless when my sister came over once before she knew of my growing collection and was looking around for snacks and opened the freezer hoping to find icecream/popsicles. :joy::joy::joy:

Piles of rats and mice neatly vacuum sealed and stacked on one side of the freezer.

Jenny…. Uhhh :eyes::eyes::eyes:

……

Well technically it is a frozen treat. And the tail doubles as a stick. :woman_shrugging:t2:

8 Likes

Now thats funny right there!!

4 Likes

I think someone would be quite confused if they overheard “crossing two butters produces a bell”. :rofl:

10 Likes

:skull::skull::skull::skull: im crqcking up, thats awesome.

3 Likes

Exactly, lol. I had rats defrosting (in containers) on the top shelf of the fridge for that night. My Mom was over and helped herself to a water bottle on the bottom shelf…which put her at eye level with defrosting rats, I’ll never forget the expletives that followed! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes