What morph is she?

I recently asked about my funky crested gecko Apollo and it was very helpful so I’m hoping I can find out more about my other two! (I’m creating separate post for them to make it easier)

I’m pretty sure she’s a flame with portholes and some dal spots on her tail
(Her name is luna)

4 Likes

She is a dark base harlequin with dal spots. This one is much easier :joy:

3 Likes

Wait I’m so confused😭 I thought harlequins have patterns on the side???

Edit: I looked a lot closer, does the little pattern on the side still count as a harlequin?

1 Like

Probably yes, I’d say that it counts. Since she has patterns on her legs, she’s a harley and not a flame.

2 Likes

Crested gecko genetics, morphs and trait really confuse me😭

1 Like

Agreed, I’m just starting to understand, and even then I’m not entirely sure. We’re all still learning!

2 Likes

Yes, I thought I was getting the hang of it but seems not😅
Oh if you don’t mind me asking do you know at what age you can start telling their morph? I recently got some offspring from two recent geckos I’ve asked about (luna + Helios) and I’m wondering when I’ll be able to tell

1 Like

Sorry one more question, does she have portholes or no?

1 Like

She does have portholes

1 Like

Ok. thank you!

1 Like

I wish I could tell you, but I haven’t produced any babies yet, so i don’t know. I’d assume that the basics are there from the beginning, but things can change as they grow up. I think Lilly Whites are known for really changing, as far as like the pattern goes.

2 Likes

Dark based harlequin with Dalmatian spots. And yes portholes toI x

2 Likes

This makes me proud :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

As soon as they hatch,
Sometimes a shed can also help with colour. But you do get some who can change that down the line. Had a couple reds go full lavender on me instead haha x

3 Likes

Ok I see thank you!

1 Like

Ok thanks that’s good to know!

1 Like

If I showed you some pictures of the offspring would you be able to help me identify them?

3 Likes

Yeah that’s fine x

2 Likes

They both look very similar but this is the one

3 Likes

And this is the other

2 Likes