What new features do you want to see?

What are some of the most requested features to add onto Morphmarket?
I can’t believe there’s really one higher up on the list than a “NOT FROM [insert store ## here]” option while searching for animals.
(How did specifically “From [insert store here]” get added and no the above?)
What are some options that YOU - THE COMMUNITY think we need?

1 Like

Personally,

1. A “within X distance” filter.
  2. Notifications when a store updates it’s listings.
  3. A “shipped to reptile expo name” filter
  4. A “all users named eaglereptiles get a 100% discount” feature. :wink:
  5. This one is not a feature but more of something we need to work to find away around… Cheaper shipping internationally.

There is only one @john though and he can only work so fast. A lot of these features can’t just be added as simply as it seems and can take weeks of fiddling with different numbers just to get them to a point of usability.

9 Likes

Ooooh! That would be really cool! #4 needs a bit of tweaking :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but I really like your suggestions!
Is John is main operator/ solo adjuster for this site? Had no idea it was taken care of by a single person :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Yes @John is the creator, owner and operator of Morph Market and as worked very hard on MM in the past few years and a lot has been implemented since the creation of MM.

Now the forum is owned by John and there are currently 4 staff members.

8 Likes
  1. It would be cool if there was something that denoted free shipping on the thumbnail of ads.

2. I don’t mind the redundancy of having DOB, weight, and(baby/juv/adult) when creating ads, but it would be nice if the latter weren’t a required field. Not a huge inconvenience but seems unnecessary and I trip over it every time.

3. A classified section for plants. An auction template would be great for that too, but even without that I still prefer the format of morph market over eBay. It’s a huge market that seems like it would be easy for morph market to ease into with their existing design.

1 Like

Great thread, I like it.

And sometimes I’m working on things that aren’t so user-facing… or they are, but are already assumed, such as site stability as we continue to grow. Though, it’s a cloud service so to some extent more money fixes that, but some aspects don’t scale that easily.

There is only one @john though and he can only work so fast.

Yes, and this is off-topic, but I am working on improving this situation. We are getting some additional
help with customer support, and I am working adding some development help. In fact, some of my “not user facing work” right now is toward that end. Not just finding good people, but also setting things up so they can have appropriate access.

Now the forum is owned by John and there are currently 4 staff members.

And thankfully, Deb and the mod team are great, so besides the initial setup and answering a question here and there, the forum doesn’t require much from me. Although there is potential for more useful integrations with the market site in the future.

:wink:

5 Likes
  1. Location based lists with sorting ability. Zillow has a great layout with a map on the left where you define the area and a sortable list is populated on the right. An easier alternative may simply be “within X distance” like eaglereptiles suggested.

2. Sortable genes and traits section. Right now it is fixed in alphabetical form. I think it would be interesting to have the ability to sort it by the amount of homozygous/heterozygous/pos het and by inc dominant/recessive forms to get an easy overall picture of the supply of each mutation.

1 Like

https://www.morphmarket.com/us/stores/map/?cat=bps

Sortable genes and traits section. Right now it is fixed in alphabetical form. I think it would be interesting to have the ability to sort it by the amount of homozygous/heterozygous/pos het and by inc dominant/recessive forms to get an easy overall picture of the supply of each mutation.

How about applying the filter for what you are looking for exactly it will give you an idea of the current supply?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Location/Proximity/Near Me Search Filter

A post was merged into an existing topic: ‘List Stores By’ option? (Store Search)

Anyway to do a “keyword search” some animals either dont have a trait in the system yet, or seller does not tag the trait but lists in the ad. Could also accommodate search for locations or breeders etc.

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Feeders Category

I second the keyword search, so I can look for things like “proven,” “group,” “pair,” “high-contrast,” “low white.” etc.

6 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: New categories for racks cages, and feeders

A post was merged into an existing topic: Frogs for sale on MorphMarket?

Would adding crested geckos to the genetics portion of the site be possible? id like to also see a venomous section. just a thought.

1 Like

Considering many people have them, id love to see a cornsnake section! Im getting my first one in just a few days and im so excited. And when i joined the morphmarket i was sad to not see a category for them

There is a corn snake category right on the front page.

I ment in the categories on this area of the site, but there a colubrids section so guess theyd fall under there.

You mean the forums themselves? I thought there was one, maybe people just haven’t posted about them? But yeah, colubrids would be what they fall under.

1 Like