What new reptiles have you bought recently?

oooh, they’re triploid, that’s wild!

4 Likes

Kind of a introductory post but with pictures
So I had a Egyptian Uromastix for 15 years till he passed a very very old man (stowaway on an Egyptian airlines flight) and have switched to snakes.

3 year old Columbian rainbow, known to his friends as Gunther, he is a good boy who ate his mouse like a champion

He’s in a 3ft vivarium for a few years as I put together my dream high humidity set up. Meanwhile, “Caramel Anery Tessera Het Motley, Amel, Charcoal 50% Het Lavender, Kastanie, Hypo ID Corn Snake by Wyre Forest Reptiles UK” who is turning up on Thursday will be in a juvenile set up growing long. He’s a few months older than this baby picture.

I do live literally round the corner from Snakes and Adders and could have had a corn snake in about half an hour but loved his colouring so much I’m having him brought up north.

I don’t understand why he wasn’t bought immediately, is it that he’s too mixed for breeders or do people want an unbroken line?

Hello o/ - Elsie

9 Likes

One of the geckos already escaped. :rofl: I was looking at the geckos and I heard one on the screen, looked up, and found it sitting on top of the tank. I was somehow able to move the tank and catch it and now it’s living in a 32 oz deli cup until I can get an aquarium for the aquarium conversion lids (without a screen and I’ll add one and move them into it later). I saw both other ones in the tank so none of them are lost. I covered the front lid gap which I’m guessing they escaped from (I could barely fit my fingernail in it, lol). I’m going to try to catch the other two and move them into 32 oz deli cups.

8 Likes

Yeah, you’re gonna have a good time with this. What kind of enclosure is it? I use packed reindeer moss in all the cracks and crevices around the top and back, it hardens and creates a barrier when it’s not moist. It’s an older style Exo Terra so the top clips in, and they gave it a lot of gap. I had one hiding under the enclosure one day, and was lucky enough to get it home without any problems, but since then and the reindeer moss, zero escapes.

3 Likes

It’s a sliding door enclosure made by a local seller. They are high quality but likely not made for small animals. I covered the gap in between the doors and it was just a small gap on the top where the metal bent. I’m going to look into reindeer moss, that’s a great idea.

2 Likes

Just picked this guy up in trade. He’s a rare combo: Paradox Snow Splash. He’s also het for Hypo, so he’s got a lot going on genetically. His name is Gaston.

Thanks Scott Miller! Enjoy the blue-eyed sand boa!

18 Likes

Are new guy chuck

14 Likes

I totally forgot to update this thread when I got her Thursday. But, here she is now. She’s a tangerine RAPTOR leopard gecko.

18 Likes

17 Likes

This is Chumpy, my new smooth knob-tailed gecko! He’s 8 years old and I got him as a pet. He’s been surprisingly gregarious and delightful all around!

14 Likes

Somewhat double posting but heres a new little boy for me:

I named him Biscotti, he’s a vanilla disco enchi.

14 Likes

My wife’s obsessed w these darker morphs

11 Likes

I love dark Cresties :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Even his tail is darker than usual :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Our other pick up this week. Very pretty little girl

18 Likes

Congratulations! She is super nice and dark!

3 Likes

What a lovely dark based Harley :relaxed:

4 Likes

Dang! Thats a pretty one!!

2 Likes

I love the white tips along her head :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

59 posts were merged into an existing topic: What new reptiles have you bought recently? 2.0