What new reptiles have you bought recently?

The most exciting new additions this year!

Meet Topaz and Filligree, a pair of T+ Albino Argentine Boa Constrictors. I had to rob a bank to buy them, but it was totally worth it. These are jointly owned with Trey Moore. As you can see, Topaz is pretty spicy.

14 Likes

6k on a pair of boas wish I could afford them lol

1 Like

Those are awesome @westridge
So happy to see that they what you wanted even with the spicy :grin:.

4 Likes

They are beautiful. Looks like they are a bit feisty too :joy:.

Your secret is safe with us :shushing_face::wink:

3 Likes

I can’t wait to add this thread once again!

4 Likes

I’m happy to say my fiancé is finally looking into projects and snakes he likes — which I have come to find out are patternless or nearly patternless snakes.

He picked out this handsome male, an OD YB champagne. He named him Pudding.
He’s also picked out a super cinnamon 50% poss het pied that we’ve put a deposit on, I’ll share pics once we get her! (Her name is Brownie, also named by him)

I’m just incredibly happy that he’s finally picking out snakes he likes so he can do his own projects alongside mine… considering he wasn’t too thrilled about me getting a snake a couple years ago.

17 Likes

Very cute, I love Champagnes.

Awesome names :+1:

5 Likes

Champagne is an amazing morph in my opinion.
Congrats on the noodles and swaying him over to the snake side…:smiling_imp:

5 Likes

@trnreptiles at least he knows how to pick a good looking snake :grin:

4 Likes

May end up selling the champagne male, he turned out to be rather defensive and prone to biting :sob: not the kind of snake we really want in our collection if we can help it! We put him in a smaller tub, that didn’t work, so we moved him up to a bigger tub with a hide to see if that will at least help with his lack of feeding.

Breeder said he was “shy” — don’t know if this is what they meant by that! :rofl:

Anyways, we did just pick up a new girl from the hub today!

My fiancé named her Brownie, and she’s a super cinnamon 50% het pied produced by @passion4pythons — I saw her on Instagram, showed her to my fiancé, and he decided right then and there that he had to have her. So I reached out for more info… and here we are now :joy:

13 Likes

Brownie is beautiful.

Sorry to hear about your Champagne beng aggressive. Hopefully he will calm down and eat nicely too :crossed_fingers:

Does he like to climb? We had a snake that was shy (not aggressive) but I gave her some climbing branches and she was a very happy snake, another snake that was shy (again not aggressive), we gave him lots of hiding places and he’s happy too.

Our spider hates it when I change anything to his enclosure, so maybe your Champaign doesn’t like change either

Or maybe his just a pain 🤷

4 Likes

It’s not really aggression. It’s similar to anxiety in the sense they are always scared. For an “aggressive snake” you need to show it SLOWLY by positive reenforcement that not everything is out to hurt them.

I have a very Defensive boa myself. She’s a Sonoran mix leopard hypo.

I have owned this snake for over a year now and she has certainly tamed down in a sense that I know to always be slow and gentle with her. She knows that I myself won’t hurt her now, but she’s still a work in progress and I will not let anyone else hold her for this reason. Cause you can’t just pass her around like a typical placid boa.

You need to move slowly and not rush anything. You need to understand what causes the defensive behavior and work around it until they understand everything is alright.

1. Don’t grab from above (you look like a bird trying to pluck it with talons)

2. Don’t grab the snake with pressure (also feels like talons or being pinned by predators)

3. Don’t wave hands or body parts in front of the face. (Looks like a predator trying to bite)

Again. Understand your snake. Learn it’s language. Learn what triggers it, and find safe ways to do “exposure therapy” for it to feel more secure when being messed with.

4 Likes

Beautiful! Can you show your enclosure for Monica? (Not for critique I’m just curious)

4 Likes

It will have to be :rofl:

Sure, ill take some proper ones in the morning when the lights are on. Critique all you like, I won’t take any offense whatsoever. Im brand new to the species and I’m doing what I can to follow every guide available. If you have any tips or ideas then I’ll take them all on board. I’ll openly admit that my quarantine enclosures are nothing pretty. Their uncomfort is worth me catching a problem early and getting the right treatment.

At the moment she/he is in one of my 3ft white quarantine enclosures. It’s very bare to help spot any obvious problems such as parasites or fluids. Everything must be bright! It will stay much the same for the first 2 weeks. After that I will start adding more and more hiding places and things to climb on.

All that is in there as of now is paper towels, a few climbing shelves, a tray with water with a smaller one flipped over to climb on.

Once we have established there is no immidiate issues “she” will be going into a 5ft dark wood enclosure (still in quarantine) filled with fake plants and rocks and the lot.

In around 6 months once she has had any necessary checkovers and jabs, she will be going in a near identical enclosure but in another part of the house.

We have plans for the permanent DIY enclosure build which will be humongous and wrapped in some form of rebard/caging.

6 Likes

IMG_1485

This guy or girl

Also the baby leo was not mine and i got him/her from a friend who couldnt take care it anymore

8 Likes

Our newest addition: “Reno” the Anery HRP Kenyan Sand Boa. He is 9 years old, a proven breeder and was produced by Jeff Holloway.

We intend to breed him to this big girl next season (also an Anery HRP produce by Jeff Holloway):

16 Likes

Crotalus Atrox - Western Diamondback

Edit - disclaimer -I’m an experienced (safe/equipment) handler and always follow safe handling practices.

18 Likes

I never get tired of seeing them up close. Beautiful animals

3 Likes

Stunning!
I think these are my fav due to the Cow like look :star_struck:

2 Likes

I love him! One day I swear!

4 Likes