What new reptiles have you bought recently?

I think it is something like a 1000 hours right? I can’t remember if is another 0.

3 Likes

1000 for each of the 4 groups of venomous. So if you want a cobra you need 1000 hours working with elapids. For a viper, another 1000 hours. 500 is still going to take most people a few years. I think that shows a significant commitment to be safe.

Totally. The way I learned got me to the right place but involved a lot more risk than it would have if I had today me standing in the wings to advise me.

7 Likes

It definitely shows commitment.

3 Likes

We have copperheads everywhere here. When i go to Old Stone Fort State Park I see them on the trails and babies in trees every time I go. But, I have no desire to have one. Very pretty though.

5 Likes

I love them because their coloring and pattern but also their body shape.

4 Likes

I agree . I went to a zoo in florida years ago and I saw a yellowish green viper, i think i remember right, it was awesome. I stood there and stared at him for a while. It is amazing how beautiful it was and deadly at the same time. (If it bit you)
God has put some amazing animals on this earth for us to enjoy.

4 Likes

I definitely agree with you. He has given us some pretty awesome animals and plants and grace. Do you know if the viper was a viper, for sure?

1 Like

No, it was a long time ago. He had horn looking things on his head best i can remember. His color was so vibrant, it was almost glowing. I will try looking up some on google see if i can find one .

2 Likes

Could it have been a rhino viper, eyelash viper, or variable bush viper?

2 Likes

I found one. His coloring seems a little different than i remember. But i think it is an eyelash viper.
Not my photo. Just internet copy.

8 Likes

Eyelash viper sounds likely, they come in many colors and appear different based on the environment. I also love these, I remember when I first saw one at my local zoo, they still have it and I still love them.

3 Likes

The middle one is axanthic het snow and the bottom is a purple line albino tiger.

3 Likes

They are both incredible!

2 Likes

The tiger is gorgeous, really nice example of one too. Axanthic is stunning as well!

3 Likes

Here’s our P. grandis for your viewing pleasure.

9 Likes

These are super hard to find these days it seems! A friend of mine still breeds a good amount of them a year! Super nice!

3 Likes

Got this guy earlier this month, he’s a Pastel Enchi dbl het Ghost and Rainbow! Looking forward to hopefully proving out my female Chocolate GHI Mojave pos het Ghost and Rainbow with him.

9 Likes

New addition from a few weeks ago. Calabar python. Named him Wicket! Fun fact… these are know as two headed snakes because of their defense of wagging their fat blunt tails…also know as a rhinoceros snake because of its extremely thick skin. Actually…technically more closely related to a boa…but it is its own thing…very primitive branch of boids.

10 Likes

Technically I have bought all of my animals this year, but… latest purchases have been a 0.1 pastave het ghost, 0.1 banana het ghost, and a 0.1 pewter ghost! I am busy building out my female lineup, and closing in on buying a larger female as well, with hopes of buying a nice ghost combo male to backup for my Pastave Ghost male. Just gotta constantly rearrange the space I currently have and get another rack up and running, because space is always filled it seems!

0.1 Pastave Het Ghost

0.1 Banana Het Ghost

0.1 Pewter Ghost

0.1 GHI Het Ghost, PH Pied

1.0 Pastave Ghost

11 Likes

Huge fan of this combo! Super nice!

2 Likes