What new reptiles have you bought recently?

Probably just het pied then. :woman_shrugging: :slight_smile:

I guessed x-treme because of the chunky stripe and the dripping pattern I thought I saw. I like x-treme. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I mean she does look very unique for a “normal” — she doesn’t really have any alien heads besides like 2-3 one-eyed ones lol

1 Like

Who knows, maybe it’s just individual pattern. But then again, maybe you got lucky and actualy stumbed uppon a new mutation. Only time and breeding will show.

1 Like

Here at my three pickups from NARBC

0.1 VPI Lemonblast

0.1 Super Pastel Leopard

0.1 Pastel Onyx

12 Likes

I absolutely love Nicaragua boas and I plan on purchasing a pair this year. My mom’s side is from Nicaragua and whenever I’d visit family I had there I would also catch these guys cause they were just so damn awesome. Congrats on that gorgeous girl!

Thank you!!! Now I’m a little jealous :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: wish I could ever go there and see them in the wild…but who knows, maybe one day…

I regret till today not asking to see ball pythons in the wild. Went for a one month roundtrip from capital Mali up north to Bandiagara to Burkina faso and from there all the way from North Ghana to the south and from there to Togo. Didn’t see one ball python the whole time. Even stood next to those termite nests in national parks and in the most smallest villages. One person asked every time if there were snakes, she was totally scared of them so every one was dodging the question because they didn’t want to make her scared. I never heard of ball pythons by then… oh…how I regret now :weary:…but did see a lot of lizards and frogs, thousands of frogs, so many you could hardly see the ground underneath.

1 Like

Yeah if I ever get the chance to see them in their natural environment I would definitely take it.

2 Likes

Sunset Indian sand boa Or smooth scaled sand boa Eryx johnii

10 Likes

Oooh those are nice pick ups. Any particular plans for them in the future?

I really only had particular plans for the Super Pastel Leopard, since I had purchased her the week before and decided to just pick her up at the show. The other two were probably impulsive buys, well one was at least.

The VPI Lemonblast is the one I’m kinda like… “what was I thinking…” I want to work with pinstripe. I love what it does to combos. I also have pastel in almost every animal I own. I put pastel into everything might become my new logo, lol. It’s the coloring though of this animal that’s making me question it. I wanted to get to Axanthic for the crisp defintition of black and whites, and while VPI is plentiful - I don’t think it has what it takes to compare to MJ or TSK lines. However under the light that this little potato was under made me really really like it. She is just stupid tiny. I didn’t realize how big my snakes have grown when I finally got her home and weighed her. She weighs more than when I got Penny, Luna, and Margo, and Oliver - yet to me, she just looks stupid small BUT SHES BIGGER. It’s still clearly blowing my mind. She has a long way to go though with her colors and pattern changing. Hopefully its nice.

Now my leopard I’ve had a plan with since I saw her. I am so glad I snatched her when I did. I already have plans with her down the road when my male german snake. The guy had a pastel leopard version of the genes I’m bringing in and OH MY GAWD. It honestly looked sooooo good. >.<

Spoiler as to what I’m talking about

Then the Pastel Onyx was a mystery to me. I walked by this booth like four or five times. Talked to the ladies handling it (happened to be people I thought I’d never buy a snake from - go figure) and this snake just jumped out at me the first time I saw her. Now I didn’t know what an Onyx was. I’m glad I can walk around with morph market in my pocket so I can type in the name and see what makes up the combined morph name. Something about her just made me keep thinking about her. We were about to walk out, and I told Robert I had to go see the snake one more time.

We went and saw the snake, and it was still there, and I was like “Okay, I’m taking her home.” The three ladies were very friendly and helpful. She was their surprise clutch snake that came out, and they even showed me clutch pictures. She was a complete silver snake when she hatched out of the egg, and with every shed she changes. So it’s going to be super cool to see how she changes with every shed. I actually was looking into HRA the week before the event, and I really started to appreciate what they looked like. It was just a sign that this snake was meant to come with me, and it has pastel and black pastel. I think it would be cool to pair her to a black head down the road, or another hra and just see what happens. They told me she was a fiesty eater and was a garbage disposal basically (like Margo :roll_eyes:) so hopefully that’s true and she has no issue taking her first meal from me this Friday!

I also had purchased another animal from Tom Harbin. He had a few animals on one table that was 50% half off and he had 1.2 Mojave highways that were half off and I purchased one. After I had paid he said “lets double check the sex before you leave” and I was just excited because I was going to finally see in person how to sex snakes. Turns out all the Mojave highways were MALE. He gave me a refunded and kept apologizing, and I told him it was perfectly okay! Things like that happen, and I wasn’t mad. I understand things happen, and I could tell he felt really bad about it - but I’m glad it happened to me before the general public entered the building. I could just imagine someone not as understanding causing a scene for no reason, cause unfortunately stuff like that happens!

6 Likes

Pastel leopards are just insane. One of the few co dom combos that blow my mind the way they do. I’m pairing my leopard clown boy to a pastel het clown and a fire het clown. Will be some crazy babies if I can get pastel and leopard into them

2 new snakes

21 Likes

@anyone DID YOU GET A TRIPLE SMILEY FACE ON THAT LITTLE PIED???

Is that a dreamsicle??

1 Like

He’s got 3 worried face emojis :joy: He’s just an albino pied.

4 Likes

@anyone What is the snake in the first pic?

Grey banded king @beast-blade-wolf_987

2 Likes

Super tiger double het. lavender / titanium

White phase albino tiger het. titanium

14 Likes

Best answer ever, lol. What did you name mr. worried face pied? :woozy_face:

3 Likes

I’m hoping for Mr. Worried face pied :joy::joy: it’s got a nice ring to it :joy:

5 Likes

@thecrawdfather @annakirby @eaglereptiles

You all know that that’s just the normal pattern, right? This is a normal pied with 3 “faces” and a 4th “big fat face”. I did not name him Facey McFatFace. :laughing:

The emoji snake that Kobylka popped out did not have a normal pied “face”. I guess that’s what’s being referenced? Just Google “emoji snake” and you’ll see the difference.

7 Likes