What new reptiles have you bought recently?

Surley if T- and T+ are allelic than triple hets are not really possible. Bred to a Anery female the offspring would be Het Anery and either Het T- OR Het T+.

2 Likes

@thealbinoape Are paradigm CRBs allelic expressions…? If you were to breed a T+ to a T- the resulting offspring would be normal 100% DH, not a blended expression of both forms of albinism, per the calculator available on MM. However, I will concede as I’ve seen DH anery/ paradigm CRBs offered on MM, though I suspect they are tagged that way because you cannot tell if a visual normal (het for paradigm and anery) will produce an anery T+, an anery T-, or an anery paradigm when bred back to each other.

Regardless of the outcome, none of this deters me from completing this project. CRBs are exceptional animals and the resulting offspring are sure to be stunning.

1 Like

I thought that paradigm was an allelic mutation. Not 100% on that, I am sure someone will correct me here, but your description stated this was Visual T+ T-. I am more familiar with Paradigm boas (non rainbows).
Agreed, still an awesome project. CRBs deserve more love for sure. BRBs steal all the glory :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Genetics are a fickle mistress that loves to change the rules on us whenever we think we understand what’s going on. :laughing: BCI is a prime example - various lines of albinism that don’t work as you would expect (i.e. Kahl/ Sharp), but then you add BWC to Sharp and BOOM awesomeness!

1 Like

I went to an expo today and got a female black night mack snow leopard gecko. I’m still looking for name ideas but I’m thinking about Bullseye (due to the patterning on her upper back).

15 Likes

Bullseye sounds cool! She’s a beauty!

5 Likes

I wasn’t originally planning to get her but her patterns and colors convinced me. I love the yellow spots even though that means she’s not a very high-quality snow. I’m planning to pair her to my super snow eclipse black night so hopefully I will end up with black night super snow and black night snow.

4 Likes

She is beautiful and Bullseye is an awesome name :+1:

4 Likes

Riley, she’s beautiful! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@foxreptile @becksterlynn
Thank you, the pictures doesn’t do her justice. I’m hoping that the offspring inherit the contrast and colors.

4 Likes

Sigh, I’m 75 minutes away from the Manchester NH Reptile Expo, and it is freezing rain outside. Forecasted to continue all morning.

5 Likes

Were you planning to go?

3 Likes

Of course! What w our moving across the country, last Fall was upside down. Couldn’t make it to the show in October. Comforted to wait for January, but now… Too scary out today!

2 Likes

I hate to drive in sleet

2 Likes

Yep, not happenin’!

2 Likes

I hope that you get to go sometime soon. Maybe the next one.

2 Likes

You will just have to travel to the next one! I haven’t been to a show in years :pensive:

1 Like

That’s why we are only making the trip up when it’s a bit warmer. :wink: hubs just found out about it and it being fairly close, so it’s going to be one of our first expos!

2 Likes

April is next!

5 Likes

Got this little killer clown girl today (super pastel clown) she’s very shy :relaxed:

19 Likes