What’s your favorite two gene combo?

Sometimes i get lost in trying to make this 3 gene combo or that 4 gene combo. People are making 5 or 6 gene combos or triple recessive combos. I myself find a lot of my favorite combos and snakes are simple two gene animals. I feel like there beauty gets lost sometimes! I was just wondering what everyone’s favorite 2 gene combo is! Feel free to post pictures of your favorite combo! The more the better I like pictures lol. Mine is the soul sucker!

13 Likes

GHI Mojave

I don’t have one, but spend entirely too much time staring longingly at pictures of them

9 Likes

@chesterhf You have good taste! I love ghi mojave!!! In my top 5 for sure!

3 Likes

Mine would have to be these 3.
Black Magic

Onyx

And the Gargoyle( Black Pastel/LBB)

I agree too, tho 4-6 gene combos can be mind blowing, I find myself enjoying a well mixed 2 gene beauty like these. I love the dark stuff and I can’t ever get enough of those combos.
I know you said pick one but I can’t lol.

10 Likes

@mnroyals it’s ok I’ll let it slide lol. I love dark stuff too! Majority of my collection is 8 ball complex and sable! Hopefully this year I will hit on some Huffman black pastel stuff! Check them out you would like them! Next year I’m shooting for the black pastel Huffman champagne I’m going to call it the “the fact of the matter” lol

4 Likes

I may be a little biased but leopard clowns are one of my all time favorites because of what it does to the side, dorsal, and face pattern.

Here is the original ad pic for my current leopard clown I bought.

My old leopard clown male.

19 Likes

I assumed recessive genes didn’t count. I’m changing my answer to axanthic clowns :joy:

6 Likes

I’ll definitely look into those, thank you. Huffman is in the same complex as Black Pastel correct? I’ve never owned or seen one but I remember reading something along those lines.
The fact of the matter :joy:, I like it man. I’d love to see that combo, Champagne is totally underrated!

3 Likes

I may be a bit biased, since it was my very first ball python, but I love Calico Enchis.

5 Likes

Pastel Calico/Sugar and Orange Dream Sugar/Calico are my favorites!

2 Likes

wish this combo was more in my budget, i love those too haha!

2 Likes

With recessives - Black pastel Lavender Albino.

Without recessives - Acid Pastel. This is a new one to grow on me but I think it is a killer combo.

5 Likes

Alright if we are adding recessive lol I pick the mimosa!

6 Likes

@mnroyals Yes it is so allelic with black pastel. Hoping to get grey matter looking snakes. Pewter Huffman come out silver.

3 Likes

I’m with you on Soulsuckers.
I think they’re one of the prettiest 2 gene combos around…the only thing that possibly rivals it for me would be Mojave GHI.

I need to pick up a mystic or coralglow/banana GHI so I can get me one…along with some other nice combos…:smile_cat:

2 Likes

Right on, definitely be interesting to see if that’s how they come out. Good luck with that project and keep us updated.

If we’re including recessives, mine would be the Lace Black Back Pied…why because to my knowledge it’s never been made but I’d assume looks a lot like the HRA Pied.

3 Likes

There’s so many amazing 2 gene combos I can’t really choose one favorite! Here’s the top of the list for me:

Black Head Leopard

Mystic Mojave

Bamboo Leopard

GHI Hypo

3 Likes

Acid will definitely make it big in the hobby in the next few years. Definitely some crazy combos out there.

3 Likes

Cinder Black Pastel for dominant
Ultrimel Clown for double recessive

2 Likes

Acid is better with the dark side :smiling_imp:

9 Likes