What to do if seller doesn't respond in a couple hours?

How do I know it’s specific the site says tens of thousands of snakes are on here.

1 Like

The biggest thing you’re going to have to learn in this hobby is patience. Not every breeder is going to be sitting at their computers or phones waiting for inquiries to come in.

I would personally be very put off if someone messaged me like that, especially since I sleep weird hours and sometimes take awhile to get back to people. At that point I’d rather just not respond and sell the animal to someone else.

I’d apologize to the breeder for the rather demanding messages, state that you’re still interested and then wait patiently for a response. That’s all I can say.

3 Likes

It’s good to know that the reptile community is so welcoming, thanks for harassing me for the last hour

I’ve renamed the topic from something like “Don’t put your animals on the site if you don’t want to sell them” to the more accurate “What to do if a seller doesn’t respond in a couple hours?”

The way this story played out is that the seller responded just minutes after this post was probably created – about 3 hours from the original inquiry, which is pretty commendable response time for the seller.

I can imagine the OP’s confusion. This timeline can be surprising to buyers who are used to “1 click” purchasing on sites like Amazon. That negotiating a reptile sale is a process, and that breeders have day jobs. There’s more room for us to figure out how to help inform our new users on how it works, like trying to get our How to Buy content in front of more new users.

22 Likes