What was your first project?

What was your first project you worked on and what was the outcome? My very first project was just a simple normal clown project at the time because I did not own a clown and rather than purchasing one I wanted to produce my own. Would love to read about your guy’s first project!

1 Like

A couple of guys got involved on here about what got them into breeding.
Hopefully we can hear from more though :grin:

1 Like

My first BP project was a 1.4 group of pos het pied back in 2002. I proved out 1.2 in 2004 and sold the pied babies for something like 5k ea. My first project ever was a pair of California kingsnakes trying to reproduce what was then called the ‘Mojave’ trait (maroon/burgundy base color) in 2000.

2 Likes

So my first project that got me into breeding ball pythons was a mojave male to a lesser female in 2016. Produced 9 eggs with two bels which I kept back a female who is now my breeder for future bel projects. Her first clutch was last season (2019) laid 10 eggs and gave me 7 bels which gave me my first paradox in my collection! I know its just bels but something about seeing an all white snake pip is just cool and when that paradox pipped its head out I knew it was a keeper!!

3 Likes

My first pairing was killer orange hypo x pastel het orange hypo. That male was really beautiful.

1 Like

I got in to breeding to make Albino Womas (no one cared about the Woma morph back then and most still do not). After I made those I took the next step and made them Candino. Next step is to mix it in with some of my other Albino/Candino project animals… :thinking: Candino Acid BlkPastel Woma YB… :thinking: Candino Acid BlkHead BlkPastel Woma… :thinking: Candino Mahogany Woma…

my first project was the pied project - i bred a normal het pied to a poss het - no visuals. just a cool ringer baby. and then i bought a female pied and grew her up :slight_smile:

2 Likes