What Washes Away Freckles/Speckles/ Dots

What other morphs wash/take away/fade out the black speckles/spots/freckles on a normal banana ball python?

7 Likes

Pastel, fire, and enchi are some. Pinstripe too if you want to count that one

2 Likes

Fire usually, either non or less.
Enchi still have spots as does pastel and pinstripe, but fire either really minimises the amount of removes.

2 Likes

I have several bel morphs with little to no spots, my lesser x phantom -phantom x Mojave -super phantom all have barely any. Also super coral glow/banana would reduce spots as well.
Here some of mine all with coral glow

All adult/sub adult pics sice they tend to grow into freckles!

5 Likes

They are gorgeous, thank you very much! What morph(s) are the very last one?

2 Likes

Lesser or Butter stays really clean into adulthood. Here is a 4 year old Banana Lesser male of mine. Not a spot anywhere.

7 Likes

Thanks, that’s one beautiful boi. :astonished:

1 Like

:point_up:Especially Mojave and Lesser

5 Likes

Thanks! The last was a high patterned purple passion coral glow (phantom, mojave, coral glow) I have made cleaner ones, but I prefer the busy side pattern look myself. :smiley:

3 Likes

What’s the third one down in your four-pic series?

2 Likes

@caryl the one with eggs is actually just a coral glow, phantom just wanted to show even one of the bel morph genes can have a big impact on less freckles.

4 Likes

Thanks. I may be pretty fluent in corn snake but I’m very much in the early learning stage about ball python morphs. I really like that girl!

3 Likes

Atm these either have none, or not many.
But I’ve seen banana Mojave’s covered in freckles and enchi.

4 Likes

Pretty snakes for sure! The freckles usually, not always start to show up after the snake gets a little size, just like how they go through a color change as they age. So this guy may develop some, or he may not, but it is too early to tell for sure. If you want a single bel gene that usually doesn’t develop any it would probably be lesser/butter. I just prefer my phantoms in the looks department! Also some people will say coral glows get less freckles then banana, but I have seen both bloodlines with and without them.

2 Likes

Thankyou!
And agreed, though my banana boy doesn’t have many and he’ll be 3 this year. Others I used to own were younger and covered! He’s just a banana with not a lot?..

Hmm, Since coral glows and banana are the same snakes but different lines I don’t know about the spots being less or more?..

But would be interesting to look into more!

5 Likes

Yes that is a great looking banana Mojave! Very nice, very few freckles. So coral glow and banana is the same and are bred with each other so I doubt there is any difference now. Also probably not much if any when they both came out. I just like to be as honest as possible with what I have, so I got my first coral glow from nerd. Nerd line coral glow, same with my phantom. Phantom and mystic are pretty much the same, but mine came directly from the phantom bloodline so that’s what I call them. I have seen, good clean bananas, like yours, and also super dirty coral glows. So I really think at this point I’m going to just say one isn’t better then the other, I just want to make sure potential customers know I am being honest about all I can regarding my snakes. More info is always better in my opinion. Thanks for sharing your pretty boy👍

4 Likes

He’s actually just a Banana above, unless you mean the little girl?

Ah I see, all I know is there was 2 of them, one went to one person, and another to someone else, one person called them Banana and the other called them coral glow :sweat_smile:

I do know that people were trying to get them all called the same thing and Banana was the chosen name if was the case.

Suppose it’s like Butter and Lesser too, same but different lines again, as they called them different names.

4 Likes

Oh wow! I thought that banana had something else in it, by the nice blushing and cool dorsal pattern! Great pics! That is a very nice banana for a single gene! You are definitely right @ghoulishcresties about a lot of morphs being the same/similar and for years I was like why can’t we pick just one name and go with it! There are already a ton of morphs obviously. Then I had someone explain the other side, if you have a wild python and you take the time over multiple generations to prove out its particular morph, you should be able to go forward and name it and if it is similar/same at least it’s another bloodline. So I can see that perspective as well, it sure is confusing to people starting out with morphs though! On a side note, back in the day there did seem to be a difference with butters and lessers. Butters always being more yellow and bright in my opinion. Then once people started breeding the 2 lines together you are totally correct that they are the same now. I have seen super yellow lessers and tan butters. No difference.

4 Likes

A lot of these genes are the exact same came from the exact same shipment two people buy them and name them different names but in reality they have been the same gene from the beginning. And a lot of genes are not new at all they are genes that slipped through the cracks and then someone “discovers” a new gene but in reality it’s an established gene that didn’t get identified in a snake.

And to stay on topic (or to post a picture of one of my favorite snakes lol)here is an example of a two year old butter coral glow calico fire with minimal speckling

7 Likes

Personally, I think the speckles are the best part of Bananas/Corals! Animals with a lot of speckles look like no other morph of any species. But maybe I’m biased because my favorite KSB morph is the Paradox Albino.

5 Likes