What's your Dream Herptile?

Darn Lacey Act!

2 Likes

I have all kinds of space, I live alone in a 3 bedroom house on 15 acres. Affording to purchase the lace monitor and his upkeep is another story. I have to be sure that getting another monitor won’t take away from my other reptiles.

1 Like

I will have the space one day but I am more concerned about not doing it right and ending up with a monitor that I can’t work with and enjoy as a pet.

3 Likes

I’m HOPING for just one BP, but my partner adores them so I know that I’ll end up with at least 4…probably 7…maybe 12…oh lord

Amazon milk frogs are an adorable MUST!

3 Likes

Do you think it will pass?

I really have no idea. It 100% will take all of us to stop it. We can really hope that it doesn’t pass, but it has gotten serious very, very fast. I only wish I could get the message out to more people.

We honestly can’t wait on other people to fix this for us. It really will take us all.

In case any of you haven’t seen this, here are the the two threads where we discussed this.

1 Like

Either those or Dumpy tree frogs!

Ohhhh my goodness dumpy tree frogs make me want to squeal like a child. Those TOES, those SMILES, those FAT BELLIES

1 Like

Yes! I wanted one desperately for a long time. They are seriously among the cutest things!

1 Like

Yes, yes and yes.
I’m working with super dals and soon lavs to make pinks :heart:
You’ve chosen well :wink::fire:

3 Likes

I’d love to own a classic albino burmese python but I don’t have the space to give 1 a proper enclosure.
Thorny devil is also love to have.
More realistic dreams animal which will become a reality soon is a blue eye leucistic ball python and a dwarf retic.

3 Likes

My all time favorite non-venomous snakes are kingsnakes but, oddly enough, I don’t have any. Many moons ago, I had an albino California king. I would love to have another one and a regular California kingsnake. My all-time favorite kingsnake though has always been the scarlet kingsnake. I wish they did better in captivity. Also on my wishlist is a BEL BP. I hope to produce my own in a few years. I would love to own a large snake like a retic or Burnese but doubt I ever will just due to the impracticality of it. Gaboon vipers have always been a favorite as well as black and green mambas but I’ll never own hots again. I had a northern copperhead in my younger days and she was a great snake but I didn’t get as much enjoyment owning a snake I had to handle so cautiously. I prefer snakes I can let wander around without fear of a venomous bite. They are awesome to observe though and it was especially awesome watching her kill and eat live prey.

3 Likes

Same, they are definitely the dream. But one or two females would be enough for me.

1 Like

You are actually my main inspiration! I love seeing the pictures of your little dudes, especially that big patternless girl you got recently, what a chonk! :heart: :heart: :heart:

3 Likes

One that’s really on my one day I want to be able to keep this list is a Blue tree monitor. :lizard:

Last weekend i saw one in a zoo.
And I discovered I still really like them. :joy:

(Blue Tree Monitor is saw @ the zoo⬆️)

6 Likes

Blue, green and a yellow we would love!

But I’d want to make a huge outdoor heated enclosure for them so they have a lot of space! So I need to move first :joy:

3 Likes

Awh Thankyou!! :heart:
As soon as you have your little guy please tag me!
You’ve chosen some great choices there I will say :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

That’s so cool! I’ve never seen one in person before but, are they as blue as what so many photos show them as or is it all edited photos?

2 Likes

Emerald tree monitors are my favorite, but I have never seen blue tree monitors before. I might look into those some more. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

First dream herp achieved! My gorgeous baby blood python girl arrived on Wednesday. :heart_eyes: I already made a dedicated thread about her, but I figured I’d blather about it here too, since I mentioned she was at the top of my list.

Boom.

10 Likes