What's your Dream Herptile?

I guess you like burrowing snakes!

1 Like

lot of the same as mine

1 Like

I noticed that when you posted your list. :rofl:

2 Likes

I would like to have an female Banana Enchi Fire Clown ball python.

2 Likes

My list is so long haha. Every time I think I remember them all another pops up.

Hands down my ultimate would be pure locality Indian pythons (Python molurus) but I’d also love a pair of Southern African Rocks (Python natalensis) which don’t exist in the US that I’m aware of.

So far my dream list looks like this:
Olive Python (Liasis olivaceus) - :white_check_mark:
Papuan Python (Apodora papuana) - :white_check_mark:
North African Rock Python (Python sebae) - :white_check_mark:
Dwarf Burmese Python (P. bivittatus progschai)
Southern White Lip Python (Leiopython fredparkeri)
Sorong Amethystine Python (Simalia amethistina)
Boelen’s Python (Simalia boeleni)
Lower Malay Cave Dwelling Beauty Snake (Orthriophis taeniurus ridleyi)

Less Likely
South African Rock Python (P. natalensis) - not in US
Sri Lankan Python (P. pimbura) - ESP Required
Indian Python (P. molurus) - ESP Required

If you count morphs, then the albino/lav afrocks are big on my list, as well as pied, lava and wei line caramel burmese.

Of course every time I check something off my list, another gets added. Thrasops occidentalis is calling my name as of late…

3 Likes

Mine is fairly simple and easily attainable, an albino Burmese python. I just love them. There are many many other species that I want as well though!

2 Likes

Me too! A big female albino Burm is a breathtaking animal. Wonderful choice :grin:

2 Likes

We have a rescue one. Still not eating though. But he/she is very pretty! And very little :sweat_smile::blush:

1 Like

Animals I want but haven’t bought yet:

-Pink Tongue Skink
-Leachianus Gecko
-Green Tree Python
-Mexican Abronia
-Rainbow Boa

3 Likes

I recently found a BEAUTIFUL pair of shingleback skinks for sale. to bad I don’t have 17000 dollars to spare :frowning_face:

1 Like

Cali kings snakes are such a local find over her in socal, once i found one at my local park

1 Like

Guessing you were catching them when it was legal to touch them now it’s illegal I think.

3 Likes

I’m 43 so I’m guessing probably not lol. I didn’t keep them strictly catch and release.

3 Likes

First and foremost, a big, beautiful, female, red normal-type Blood Python. I recently purchased a gorgeous baby, just waiting for weather to warm up so she can ship. :hugs:

Also on the list of things I hope to have in the future is a Woma python, a BCI, a Dumeril’s, and a hognose. Maybe a false water cobra. Normally I gravitate more towards boas and pythons, but FWCs are super cool. And hognoses are just adorable beyond all reason.

In the realm of the slightly less realistic, I’d love a retic, a Burmese, a white lipped, an olive, and a Boelen’s. I think they’re all gorgeous snakes, though their large size means that I’d need a much larger home to be able to give them the space they need (plus it’s hard to find a white lipped that’s cbb). I’d also love to have a tegu and any number of large tortoise species, but …same problem. Maybe some day. A gal can dream!

2 Likes

My dream reptile right now is Emerald Tree Skink. I just love how it has the personality of and is personable like a tegu but is a super reasonable size and super mild temperament from what I’ve seen. :star_struck:

4 Likes

my new wish list: a Lace Monitor, a false water cobra, Indigo snake, femail red tailed boa.

3 Likes

Those are really pretty! I love green lizards.

2 Likes

Yep. I do know there are some people working with them in my area with crazy success so the Emerald tree skinks are 100% a future breeding project for me. Just waiting for them to become available CB so I don’t encourage WC. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Indigo snakes are so gorgeous. Those and false water cobras are some of the few colubrids I’m interested in keeping at some point.

2 Likes

Only if I had the space and the experience

2 Likes