Which albino morph produces the most solid white snake with red eyes?

I had to stun a rat once and that messed me up for a couple days :grimacing:

1 Like

Nobody thinks it will happen to them. It I can tell you first hand it is a terrible experience.

3 Likes

I can imagineā€¦

Which do you guys like most? One has yellow belly and the other is possible.

b85250ce84495e9e9e3604af997c0d28 706f9fa487822c1743f6d8169ab876ad

3 Likes

I like the second one the most. Are they male or female?

1 Like

both female

I would say go bottom it definitely looks a lot more white

1 Like

One caution here, if you plan on adding Pied into the mix there is a well documented occurrence of microphthalima with the superforms in the BluEL complex and Pied in combination. This can also manifest at a lower frequency with the strongest BluEL alleles in their single form when in combination with Pied. There is also, across numerous animal species, a know link between albinism and ocular development. As such, if you were to combine all three mutations in combination, I suspect there could be a fairly common occurrence of eye problems

4 Likes

the plan is no more than 3 genes - albino bamboo female to a male albino lesser or mojave

2 Likes

Would a lav-albino BEL be purpleish?

1 Like

I believe it wouldnā€™t because it is still a lucy but maybe @t_h_wyman has a fun and creative story to explain this

1 Like

I like the Albino Super Mojave AKA: Cherry Bomb. But I have only seen a few on MM and they have been juveniles. Have not seen an adult, so I donā€™t know if the have a yellow tint or keep a pinkish look or not. Someone else may know. I want to be able to make my own one day.

1 Like

Nope. The purple tone in Lav comes from trace levels of melanin expression. BluELs are white because they abolish all pigment expression. So with even the trace level of melanin in Lav being abolished, the snake will stay white

4 Likes

That makes sense. Thx.

What about crystals and potions? There technically bels and they have pattern and color?

1 Like

Well the snake I wanted to buy sold and now I cant find one to buy

Have you run into any problems with the super black pastel?

Just search super black pastel or super cinnamon on MM and that will tell you all you need to know. Even with how popular and how many people work with the two genes, there are still very few on the market. When they are, many are expensive because they donā€™t produce a lot of healthy ones. @saleengrinch can share exactly what kind of odds he had if he wishes to. If I were you, I would just be patient and not try to cut corners with pairings that will likely lead to unpleasant results.

Super Black Pastels are often born severely deformed, and many have to be put down.

1 Like

I hatched one healthy one out of a total of 11 I believe. And the one Iā€™m not totally sure is a super at this point. I had to euthanize the other 10. Severely kinked. I was very heavily invested in Grey Matter project. It was a terrible experience I have completely abandoned trying to make super black pastel. I hatched a total of 76 healthy ball pythons that year. Zero issues besides the super black pastels. I would heavily suggest not trying I almost quit breeding snakes because of this experience.

4 Likes