Which albino morph produces the most solid white snake with red eyes?

I have not, but 2020 was our first year breeding and the female was about 1500-1600 grams, so her first clutch was only 4 eggs.

The results were:
1.0 Pied
1.0 black pastel pied
0.1 solid white black pastel pied (may be a panda)
0.1 Panda pied

The panda has some duck billing but not much.
Eggs were incubated at 89°.
Mom appears gravid with her second clutch, same pairing. I’ll update you when they lay, and then hatch.

1 Like

How about an albino black pastel with cinnamon ?

Figured I would quote a thread that talks about it.

2 Likes

Going to get all technical on me now, huh? LOL

I should have clarified that the complete abolishment was with regard to the specific BluELs we were discussing in this thread, the “strongest” of the alleles in the group.

Potions, Passions, Crystals and the other “dirty” BluELs do have a small degree of pigmentation that, by extension, can be tweaked a little based on other mutations.

Aside from the aforementioned duckbilling and kinking, it is worth noting that the SuperBlk Albinos, while born withe, will develop a full-body yellow cast to them.

So if your goal is a pure-white snake with red eyes your project is best suited by, in order of cleanest white: all-white BlkEL Albino, all-white Pied Albino , or BluEL Albino

3 Likes

No just wanted to make sure I wasn’t wrong lol

3 Likes

VPI snow starting to look real good. Seems safe and I love VPI, it just had not crossed my mind to combine VPI with albino

2 Likes

VPI Snow is safe, but it will definitely not create an all white snake. Snows look fairly white at birth, but they develop quite a bit of yellow pattern as they age. Albino Bamboo Pied, Albino Super Bamboo and Albino White Diamond are your best bet for a truly white snake, as well as the Albino Super version of the Black-Eyed Leucistic genes that produce the whitest supers.

2 Likes

Understood. I have a baby super lesser so I dont need another white snake.

His eyes are red from different angles lol

2 Likes

So this is a enchi champagne albino. The bright one is a baby and the lighter one is an adult.

Do albinos get lighter as they age?

e784c050d02de28d0e27097b64205e72 607958d45972744c9867414295484cd4

3 Likes

Yes, most Albinos fade with age.

1 Like

Now I have decided I have to go super black pastel albino because I cant find a Snow. Thx for the help.

You could always wait to find what you want.

4 Likes

You are at the worst part of the year to find a lot of what you want. Peak hatching season starts around October-November. Buying a female now won’t be much different than buying a female later this year. Either way you will have to wait 3-4 years, sometimes even 5 for them to be ready to breed. I say just wait for what you want, instead of going the “quick” route. I say quick because it may not give you the results you want.

3 Likes

Two of the best pieces of advice in this thread:

Reptile keeping is a marathon, not a sprint. It took me six years to make an Albino Woma. It took me another three to make the Candino Woma. I have been trying for three years to make Albino Acid Mojave.

Outside of balls, I am four year into raising up rubber boas and likely have at least another year before I produce from them. It took me four years to get a clutch from my first kukri. My Rhamphiophis oxyrhincus will probably need to reach six years before they are ready to breed and that is another two years away.

I will caveat that the right combinations will retain some serious contract. My Albino Woma and Albino Acids are still neon yellow

4 Likes

There are currently four available on the Market right now… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Five, if you count the JolliffSnow:

1 Like

I wanted a female snow but the only ones available are pinstripe snow.

I already have 2 male ball pythons. Had I known I should be starting with females I would have purchased those first.

I believe it is called a Cherry Bomb, and there are several ways to make them, for example, breeding two super mojave get albinos together will produce them. Red eyed Lucy.

1 Like

So the perfect snake popped up but its a NEW seller with no reviews. I s there anyway to buy like insurance in case its a scam?

They signed up in December and its says theyre an annual member

1 Like

I agree two super Mojave albino will create the affect your looking for.

1 Like

The Albino SuperMojave develops a yellow flush as they mature