Which albino morph produces the most solid white snake with red eyes?

Question is in the title. My goal is to produce a solid white snake with red eyes and I am just wondering which pair I should buy.

Out of all the ways you can make a white snake with red eyes which one is the brightest white? I have seen a couple pied albinos that are all white but im not sure if that is random or gentic.

1 Like

Albino super fire imo. Spider pied will come out all white. It’s called a white wedding mix that with albino. My white wedding pied is the whitest snake I own never yellowed out.

4 Likes

I would agree that the brightest whites are going to come form something in the BlkEL complex. That said, SuperFires still tend to pretty regularly throw yellow blotched animals and the Albino will not have a direct impact there. So your better bet would be something like a Lemonback or a Sauce or one of the other alleles known for consistently throwing all-whited BlkELs

4 Likes

Our black pastel pied pair gave us solid white animals this past year. Mom is 100% het albino, dad is 50% het albino. We missed the albino but we are trying again this year and also paired dad with an albino het pied to either prove him out, or provide us with a new male with the genetics to make it happen.

End result should be a solid white animal with red eyes. Fingers crossed.

These are not albino, but one is a panda and we are leaning towards the other just being a black pastel pied. As stark white as it gets on her!

7 Likes

Yeah I believe pied ball pythons are brightest white of all but I dont know if the amount of white is random or genetic. I have seen pinto pied that are solid white but the clutch mates are 90-95% white.

I think im going to go with trying to produce super black pastel albinos

2 Likes

Certain genes reduce or increase pattern.

2 Likes

Super Cinnamon Pieds are usually all or mostly white, but can have deformities. Same with Lesser Pieds. I have not seen any discussion of deformities in Bamboo Pieds, which are always completely solid white. If I was going to try for an all-white snake with red eyes, I’d try Albino Bamboo Pied.

3 Likes

I would steer clear of this. Super black pastels have a lot of issues with defects and incubation.

4 Likes

As Shaun stated, they have issues with defects. Be prepared to more than likely have to kill a kinked baby because it won’t be able to survive. Or keep a bunch of kinked animals that aren’t ethical to sell and can’t breed safely.

2 Likes

Good choices for a white snake with red eyes:
Super Mojave Albino
Axanthic Albino
Mojave Lesser Albino

I work with a collection that has Toffino VPI Axanthics and Albino VPI Axanthics. A good Albino Axanthic stays pure white. Pics of breeding size animal for reference:

Albino Axanthic

Hatchling Toffino Axanthic (looking forward to bringing those patterns out)

5 Likes

Thanks for the input. Looks like I can buy a male visual VPI snow and a female albino het vpi for about the same price as a pair of black pastel albinos.

All vpi snows I have seen have yellowing to them. You need an exceptional animal from very good lines for them to have a chance at being pure white (and even then they can still have a hint of yellow when compared to a pied.) A pied with no pattern would be your best bet. Bamboo pieds or spider pieds would be better than black pastels.

1 Like

I know but I like their look.

I have been waiting for someone to make these!! Those are NICE!!

2 Likes

Im going the BEL route and starting with this albino bamboo
2cdbedae3a3ebbd3b1cad0455d42a0fa

6 Likes

That’s a good choice very pretty

1 Like

do super cinnamons have defects?

1 Like

Yes they can have kinking and duck billing issues. If you want to read up on other morph “problems” you can read below :grin:

2 Likes

Thx Lump. I guess staying in the blue eyed lucy complex to make a red eye lucy is the safest route.

2 Likes

You’re welcome, I just couldn’t imagine the pain of having to cull possibility many babies that that I or someone took the time to create.

3 Likes