Who are the pituophis fans here?

Thanks for the positive feedback bud , much appreciated for sure!.

I certainly feel very blessed to have created so many beautiful and unique annectens over the decades , never taken for granted and always a honour.

2 Likes

Oh munchies goodness!!! That’s a gorgeous jani, always one of my favorite locals and that one is top notch :+1:. I’m jealous man.

4 Likes

Thanks jrc , I’m so glad I opted to keep that one back , the aberrant markings were the initial reason. I’m so happy that the colours eventually developed so wonderfully.
Over the decades I’ve been lucky enough to hatch out some outstanding examples , not to mention a purely unique hypo male. :+1:

3 Likes

The tail of my hypo deppei jani . note the complete lack of any black / dk brown compared to his lady friend (on the right edge of pic)

11 Likes

Another pic for comparison , this aberrant female has a nice red tail , but unlike the hypo some black remains

11 Likes

Seems like I’m part of this club, too. Howdy!

3 Likes

Just went through the thread,@pituophisart you’re killing me, amazing animals. I love deppei jani. I love all the Pine wild types too. Your morphs are gorgeous, yarhhhhh! Love it.

3 Likes

I love my Bull and Gopher but damn they sure do poop alot lol

11 Likes

Thanks Gem,

Appreciate the positive feedback , more awesome stuff hatching out right now inc. triple visual rarities :+1:

3 Likes

Green Time !

13 Likes

Wow that is really green :green_heart:

3 Likes

Stellar green

2 Likes

Green Time 2.0

14 Likes

Dude…I love green so much. Those snakes are seriously incredible :green_heart:

3 Likes

Thanks Dude , Its so nice when a new phenotype appears , makes all the effort worthwhile

5 Likes

I’m very big into patternless stuff like sterling in boas so the second one is my favorite :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Indeed , the sterling boas are comparable and very nice boas too

3 Likes

Which pits generally have the nicest temperament? Love the look and size of these guys!

2 Likes

Pits are mostly bluffers in general , but for me the answer has to be P. c. annectens

3 Likes

I agree with the previous answer, the San Diego Gophers (annectans) are by far the most docile, even considering the bluffing of all members of Pituophis. That said, I have picked up dozens of wild Great Basin Goohers that never attempted to strike. Most of the WC basins I just hatched are chill too, right out of the egg. Except one out of the five, he’s fierce and highly reactive. I like him the best. I like snakes that don’t like me much, for some reason. I find it adorable, even in bigger snakes, if not giant ones. I like the really big ones to be nice and calm.

3 Likes