Who are the pituophis fans here?

I’ve got two little sassmasters (bullsnakes) at the moment. I would like to get a Cape Gopher at some point, they’re gorgeous animals.

Male Ballium Axanthic het Whiteside, Patternless, Albino, poss het T. hypo

Female Whiteside het B. Axanthic, Patternless, Albino, poss het T. hypo

11 Likes

Finally pulled the trigger this past year to keep a species I’ve admired forever. I’ve had bull snakes back before morphs started showing up, but northern pines always took the cake, for me.

Our future includes, hopefully, a pair of albino whiteside (the original “snow”) bullsnakes, and I have been trying to locate one other project that seems will take an additional year, I’ll keep my mouth shut so I don’t jinx it for myself!

11 Likes

very nice examples and both looking super healthy too :+1:

2 Likes

Great decision , great snakes. Best of luck with the ‘secret’ project.

Pituophis ROCK!

3 Likes

Calamity was in a mood today, but she needed to be cleaned up after regurging and laying in it.

9 Likes

Great video there buddy , would you agree with me that 90% of the time this behaviour is borne out of fear not pure aggression. I find this is certainly the case with annectens

Got love an animal with spirit and Calamity sure has that :orange_heart:

3 Likes

Here’s one of my breeder males , a T+ annectens who just kinda popped out unexpectedly from my albino hi-red lines.

13 Likes

Another annectens , this one is a young female and is a result of my quest to ‘turn up the orange’ to 11 :orange_heart:

The eye colour/s are something I tend to pay close attention to , this is often a key to determining new and potential new variants.
This is clearly illustrated in the pic below , note the non all red eye colour traditionally associated with the albino (amel) variant ( same animal as above pic)

15 Likes

It is 100% defensive. Aggressive behavior is much more forward moving. There is a distinct difference in an animal holding its ground or moving in aggressively. As far as I can see the only time these guys move aggressively is when food, or perceived food, is involved and possibly with territorial disputes.

3 Likes

Woah! She’s crazy beautiful, super bright and colorful.

5 Likes

Here’s one for all my Pituophis Brothers on here.

Produced from my OG Lemke bloodlines stock , been growing up nice and slow.

F2 aberrant deppei jani.

THANKS for Looking!

15 Likes

Thanks for the positive feedback bud , much appreciated for sure!.

I certainly feel very blessed to have created so many beautiful and unique annectens over the decades , never taken for granted and always a honour.

2 Likes

Oh munchies goodness!!! That’s a gorgeous jani, always one of my favorite locals and that one is top notch :+1:. I’m jealous man.

4 Likes

Thanks jrc , I’m so glad I opted to keep that one back , the aberrant markings were the initial reason. I’m so happy that the colours eventually developed so wonderfully.
Over the decades I’ve been lucky enough to hatch out some outstanding examples , not to mention a purely unique hypo male. :+1:

3 Likes

The tail of my hypo deppei jani . note the complete lack of any black / dk brown compared to his lady friend (on the right edge of pic)

11 Likes

Another pic for comparison , this aberrant female has a nice red tail , but unlike the hypo some black remains

11 Likes

Seems like I’m part of this club, too. Howdy!

3 Likes

Just went through the thread,@pituophisart you’re killing me, amazing animals. I love deppei jani. I love all the Pine wild types too. Your morphs are gorgeous, yarhhhhh! Love it.

3 Likes

I love my Bull and Gopher but damn they sure do poop alot lol

11 Likes

Thanks Gem,

Appreciate the positive feedback , more awesome stuff hatching out right now inc. triple visual rarities :+1:

3 Likes