Wow that is really green :green_heart:

3 Likes

Stellar green

2 Likes

Green Time 2.0

14 Likes

Dude…I love green so much. Those snakes are seriously incredible :green_heart:

3 Likes

Thanks Dude , Its so nice when a new phenotype appears , makes all the effort worthwhile

5 Likes

I’m very big into patternless stuff like sterling in boas so the second one is my favorite :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Indeed , the sterling boas are comparable and very nice boas too

3 Likes

Which pits generally have the nicest temperament? Love the look and size of these guys!

2 Likes

Pits are mostly bluffers in general , but for me the answer has to be P. c. annectens

3 Likes

I agree with the previous answer, the San Diego Gophers (annectans) are by far the most docile, even considering the bluffing of all members of Pituophis. That said, I have picked up dozens of wild Great Basin Goohers that never attempted to strike. Most of the WC basins I just hatched are chill too, right out of the egg. Except one out of the five, he’s fierce and highly reactive. I like him the best. I like snakes that don’t like me much, for some reason. I find it adorable, even in bigger snakes, if not giant ones. I like the really big ones to be nice and calm.

3 Likes

Those green patternless are pretty sweet! Nice job, cool stuff. Those look like annectans, right? I am not too hip to the newest SD stuff

I want to work with all the known visuals of GB Gopher morphs and sort of specialize in the basins, but they are hard to find. I have 1.2 possible hets for anery, amel and patternless, theu dodn’t go this year, hopefully next. I have one male anery, and 1.2 wild caught from a certain spot, now 5 more captive hatched from that same spot. I really need to get an amel Great Basin male in house, and Motley is cool too. Too many! I need to bug Jason Nelson about them more.

3 Likes

I completely agree with this, I would love a big 18 foot female Retic that would just love to just sit with me.

2 Likes

Yes those are annectens.
Best of luck with your deserticola project , Jason has the most extensive collection of deserticola and some beautiful variants

3 Likes

Turn up the Red !! :heart:

13 Likes

Amazing red!
I know the wild deserticola I have are hiding a lot of red, but I doubt it’s that crazy! I hope to produce some amels next year, we’ll see. Your collection seems off the chain, @pituophisart I love it!

(Sorry for mis-spelling annectens, previously, y’all.)

3 Likes

Holy smokes! What a beauty!

3 Likes

Very true , some of the deserticola have amazing vivid paint jobs , also they are on the more managable end of the scale in terms of size.
Thanks , the red of that hatchling is already incredible , this is a trait that tends to get brighter with age but that one is already super red.
Line breeding to increase the volume and intensity of red and then selective out crossing was the key to producing that snake. For me this is proof that taking the long route pays off .

3 Likes

Wow those are some stunning snakes!! Im debating to get one, its either a gopher or a ribbon

4 Likes

A few more 2021 annectens offspring

12 Likes