Would love to see some Soul Sucker combos

My interest mainly lies in colubrids, but lately I’ve been searching through MM with the question “if I found a ball python morph that I absolutely had to have what would it be?” After looking at literally thousands I realized that I might have to have a soul sucker and was wondering if the ball python crowd could show me what cool combos are available.

In particular I think coral glow soul suckers look amazing, but was wondering if they still get the black speckling from the coral glow/banana? I was hoping they kept the clean look but had trouble finding images of an adult.

4 Likes

@saleengrinch I think someone has a request lol.

2 Likes

Naturally because it’s like the best ball python morph!!! So I may have a few pictures of them. I haven’t done coral glow version. Personally I think once you add a bunch of stuff to it they don’t look as nice. I prefer the plain soul sucker and soul sucker yellowbelly. Here’s a few pictures of the ones I have and have hatched. I’ll try to restrain myself lol

7 Likes

@saleengrinch Thank you for all the great photos! Just curious which ones are adult photos and about how old are they? Do any keep more of that warmer pink tone? There are a couple coral glow/banana soul suckers on MM and I really like how those accentuate the warm pink and yellow.

1 Like

The top two are a adult male soul sucker yellowbelly and the other one is one of his offspring female about 1000 grams also a soul sucker yellowbelly. This year should produce soul sucker superstripes and next year I’m working towards hypo soul suckers and might do a coral glow spotnose enchi pastel x soul sucker yellowbelly pairing. So should get some coral glow soul suckers. I’ve never honestly seen an adult in the coral glow version keep in mind coral glow colors change as they age as well. I should have some mojave and mystic versions of the soul sucker as well this year. I love the mojo suckers!

3 Likes

Those are some awesome Soul Suckers man!
Didn’t realy looked in to them because of other interests but now you’ve made me curious to see what’s possible with them…

Thanks for changing my mind AGAIN!! :sweat_smile: :joy:

1 Like

Not sure what the first time was lol. But thank you it’s one of my favorites! I’ve been working with them a long time so I’m pretty proud of my line! It’s my mission to get a soul sucker in every collection!!!

1 Like

I gotta say, I wish I could like your pic post more than once. :laughing:

I too want a banana/coral glow soulsucker.

And if things go my way. I have the opportunity to be able to work on getting one some time down the line.
Also to the op, because of the lesser, the coral glow has less of chance of getting spots!
Not by 100 percent, bit to a very noticeable degree.

2 Likes

@jes3721 I hatched out a coral glow butter calico fire last year and he doesn’t have a single spot! And I worked on my line of soul suckers awhile know I’m ready to try and start adding different genes. I wanted my base soul suckers to be nice enough before adding additional genes.

2 Likes

I’m so glad to hear that!
I kinda figured it’d be a similar situation as lesser and butter are similar lines, but thank so much for confirming that.
:nerd_face::+1:

Butter and lesser are the same gene.

4 Likes

I kinda figured they where, but since some people get thier feathers ruffled if you say that about some of the lines, I wanted to air on side of caution.
Banana/ Coral Glow, Lesser /Butter, Phantom/Mystic all very similar.

3 Likes

And thank you I really do appreciate that!!!

2 Likes

I missed this bit of your post before. That has me even more daydreamy for a coral glow/banana soul sucker. I saw a vanilla/fire soul sucker and man if it was available it would have been mine.

2 Likes

No prob!

I saw a video of Clint’s Reptiles where he shows off his banana kingpin, saying because it had lesser, that’s why it had no spots.

Then recently, Gerrick DeMyer put a video up showing off his adult bananas and Coral Glows, and corroborated Clint’s statement.
After I saw that, it was over, I wanted to get one.
So long as it has Lesser/butter, the chances of them getting spots is very low.

1 Like

There quite a few genes that reduce the chances of getting the “freckles”

1 Like

I know that enchi is one of them, but I’m not fond of that morph.
But lesser and butter, I’m all over it.:laughing:

I am curious, what are the others?

1 Like

I think clown soul suckers look incredible! Possibly my favorite clown combo, along with red spectrums, which is pastel added iirc to soul sucker.

1 Like

Has a Soul Sukcer Axanthic ever been produced? I’ve always wondered what that would look like but can’t find any record of them being made before.

1 Like

I’m think Nerd probably did back in the day. But I’ve never seen a picture of one. I’ve been searching for a picture of a soul sucker superstripe with no luck. I should be producing one this year. Would really like a visual reference lol.

2 Likes