Yellow bp Identification

Hi this is my first post that I’ve ever created, so if I do anything wrong I’m sorry. I need some help identifying if this is just a random mutation that can be proven out or if you guys have seen something like this before. This female has a yellow pattern on the lower half of her body near her belly. I’ve done some research and I can’t find anything that looks like her. I plan to prove her out to see if this is genetic or not. She was a rescue that A friend got in and wanted me to take it. She was found in a parking lot in Saratoga New York so I have no idea how old she is or where she came from.

Any input is appreciated thank you!

Sincerely, Cayden

3 Likes

Hi @saltys_ball_pythons and welcome to the family :blush:

I won’t lie, them pictures are going to make it near impossible to tell you what you have.

Here is a Guide in asking for Morph Identification Help that will help us out here.

Sunlight helps a awful lot compared to artificial light, so when you get chance head on outdoors and get some pictures :wink:

1 Like

Ok I will I did realize it in the pictures it’s kind a hard to tell that it’s yellow not cream like many other ball pythons have. Thank you for you help!

2 Likes

Certainly doesn’t look like she’s starving or anything like that so that’s good news!

More pictures are necessary, but so far I don’t see anything on this snake that I wouldn’t consider within the range of normal. Normal BPs can be very variable.

1 Like

Yeah this girl is huge in person she handles f/t large rats with ease!

@eaglereptiles Hi I just took the sunlight pictures, any thoughts?

2 Likes

These pictures are much better :blush:

I personally think it’s a beautiful normal. I can see the yellow flaming your talking about but as West also mentions, it’s nothing out of the normal range. Just a bit of individually.

3 Likes

Ok thank you for you input I honestly had no idea LOL!

2 Likes