Your favorite personal snake

I only have one snake at the moment, so this is an easy question to answer! My beautiful Phoebe is a wild-type (I hate calling her “normal”) female KSB. She’s a big girl, by sand boa standards, measuring just under 3’. She’s about 9-10 years old, though I’ve had her for just under a year. Her previous keeper had a change in living situation and was no longer able to care for her, so I jumped at the chance to get my hands on her.

She’s a good girl, I adore her.

10 Likes

My boy derp he’s almost two and not even close to my first snake but he’s definitely my favorite to interact with it’s become a regular routine to hang out with dad at night after work and when ever I’m having

a bad day

9 Likes

Phoebe is a beautiful baguette and looks like a gorgeous and polite girl. She’s awesome and don’t let anyone tell you different. Wild types are super underrated.

4 Likes

Nothin better than coming home after a long day and spending some quality time with the reptiles. I second this opinion :slight_smile: Always the best part of my day.

4 Likes

Definitely duckie since he’s my only snake

3 Likes

I usually call her my beautiful sausage…or, when she’s curled in a particular position, my adorable turd, haha.

6 Likes

Amazing! :joy:sounds like something I’d nickname one of my pets. :heart: Newest one is “barnyard butt” cause when my female hoggie empties her innards her tub smells like a petting zoo. She hisses at me when I call her that too. Pepper!!! What did you do! You barnyard butt! “FSHHHHHHHHHH” (pancake face). Come on let’s get ya cleaned up. (Stops hissing, comes along quietly)

She’s a very pretty turd. She looks like she’s smiling too. God I love all reptiles. Hahah.

5 Likes

She doesn’t like being teased about her stinky poops! It’s a sensitive subject for such a dainty lady. :joy:

Sand boas have the cutest faces. I love her smile and her overbite.

Hognoses have adorable faces too. They’re a close second for me on my ranking of cutest snakes…though I am admittedly biased in Phoebe’s favour. :yum:

3 Likes

Snape the snake.

He was my first Ball python, 1st MorphMarket purchase, and first snake I purchased when i started my collection.
His girlfriend Lillie is a close second.

6 Likes

Shes a pied retic

3 Likes

I hope as we work with pied more that they calm down to what a retic can be, as I believe it has nothing to do with the mutation itself.

2 Likes

They’re calming down nicely now. They’re just like any other retic, if its a defensive snake it needs consistent interactions to build trust. I have snakes that I basically only handle when I need to clean their cages because they have great temperaments. The defensive stuff I have gets worked with all the time because I need to stay consistent. I went down to LA for the super bowl, so my pied girl didn’t see me for about 4 days. Good god she was not happy to see me. Took a minor bite getting her into a soak, and spent 30 minutes dodging strikes after cleaning her cage trying to get her back in.

2 Likes

This really is such a tough question, but I totally have an answer!

My girl Aurora. She was the first snake after beardies and my Leo, but is hands-down my favorite reptile. She demands to be let out, will come to the top of the cage and come right out onto our hands. Only ever missed one meal (deep shed. I messed up there.) But she’s so chill and loves to adventure.

3 Likes

My favorite in my collection is just the old school classic Granite burmese python. His name is Worm from the Alaskan Bullworm from spongebob.

I don’t have any good pics of him recently but when it starts warming up outside this summer I’ll be sure to snag a few good pics to show here.

4 Likes

Here’s an old pic of Worm

5 Likes

It’s very hard to pick favorites but I think currently my favorite is my Nicaraguan Bci girl Clarice. She’s just a baby and is so cute and sassy.

7 Likes

Worm is gorgeous! I love that granite pattern. So intricate and striking.

Burms are so awesome. I’ve had the chance to interact with a few over the years and they’ve all had wonderful personalities. Wish I had the space for a snake that size. Maybe some day…

2 Likes

Its a tie between my pos double het girl and booplesnoot the rainbow warrior. They just vibe with me and are low maintenance (though the girly is a picky eater).

I love my scaleless snakes, and with their increased maintenance needs, we get along just fine because they are constantly handled, but for just chilling, definitely boople and the girl

4 Likes

I might have a new favorite, duncan the toffee.

4 Likes

Probably my first snake a pastel bp named Loki(she’s and adult now but this is a young pic of her) or my spoted python named ivy

7 Likes