Your Vivariums and Habitats

Another new enclosure for my Tri colored hognose I’m getting soon. I still gotta get a humid hide and basking lamp going (has under heat but heard they like above heat to). Got the big hide that you can see but also have a tube buried that you can just barely see sticking out. And of course tons of bedding. Feel free to message me with critics of the setup, I’m still learning about Tri Colors but have owned hognose before.

2 Likes

I like the tube hide! Is there a little “cave” it leads to?

@thecrawdfather No but it leads to all the bedding where my new dude can burrow. I wanted to allow as much space to dig as possible. Have several half buried rocks, plants, ect. to provide enrichment but above and below.

2 Likes

Glad to see this thread back to life

Someone above mentioned “making a background”

Millions of turorials on youtube. In the morning if i remember ill post up my royals setup now its complete i think the last pic i posted i hadnt even got the animal so it was just a background

3 Likes

Leopardgecko cage 150x60x60
20170817_143058 20170817_143035

Ball Python 100x60x40
20180312_141650

Boa Constrictor Imperator 150x60x60
IMG_20200308_190106

13 Likes

Gorgeous enclosures!!! :exploding_head::partying_face:Love the backgrounds!! Have you made them by yourself?

1 Like

Thank you… Yes are all made by myself :slight_smile: I think there will be come much more in future :grin::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

image here is my start to my new terrarium.

5 Likes

Upgrades for juvenile cb California lyre snakes

And a quick video of the finished product

Edit…
Was able to get a shot of Spicyboi hiding under the overhang I made. Hes got several spots he can hide both low and high. He chose low while the female chose the highest spot in her cage.

8 Likes

This Build So Good.

1 Like

I debated on how much work I wanted to put into another temporary cage, but these are display snakes so I’m glad I put the effort in. Their next upgrade will be their forever homes and I plan to do a background and live plants and bioactive. The whole 9 yards so to speak.
P.s. within a couple of days they are back to exploring and today they each ate 3 pinky mice. Very resilient as far as I can tell. The female is also in blue so in a few days I’ll give her a light misting but other than that I dont keep water in the cage. I will occasionally put a small dish in for a few hours or let an ice cube drip from the top.

2 Likes

That’s sick!
Man I’ve never even thought about going a route like that. Naturalistic is great and all but everyone knows Houston has our own flow.

Those are some of the best enclosures I’ve seen! Very impressive, I wish I had skills like that. Just gorgeous.

I ended up giving up on looking for a desert lizard for my 40gal and changed the screen lid to clear vinyl. Got a mistking, moss tack ingredients and converted it into a vivarium that will house some dart frogs. It has gotten bromeliads for it’s net cups along with some live sphagnum moss, an orchid, and live lichen but mold predictably exploded in it so I haven’t taken an updated picture yet. I also added some more shallow water pools for the future frogs to soak on and a dual mistking sprayer for a total of 4

2 Likes

Not complete yet, still adjusting temps and securing wires appropriately(snake isn’t here yet) but this is my new BP enclosure from Reptile Basics.

7 Likes

!

These are my two bioactive enclosures, the tall one is for my Leachie and the the wide one is for an African fat tail (don’t have yet). I loved looking at y’alls enclosures I couldn’t resist sharing :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Here’s mine. Feels plain next to all these amazing vivs but my smol friend seems happy.

5 Likes

Here is mine!its for a baby rescued Hierophis viridiflavus that has a a wound and by experience I know that such a small snake with a wound in the nature doesn’t survive so I’m taking it until spring.is this the smallest vivarium out here?

3 Likes