2023 Leopard Bamboo clutch, something odd

They said she had a clutch of 6 eggs 2 years ago with no pins in that clutch.

3 Likes

Yes she had 6 eggs before with none pinstripe. That post is on the community I just don’t know how to link it.

2 Likes

Since this has happened this time, this could be repeated agin?

2 Likes

First Clutch Link

2 Likes

The question id have is what did she breed it with, though that would be crazy if she had bred with a pin and got 0 pins and then 1 pin this clutch from retained if that was the case. So genetic madness of the dame it is xD

1 Like

Got bred with a tiger pied.

2 Likes

Yeah, then it definitely has to be the mother. Cant retain pin sperm if never bred to a pin.

2 Likes
  1. Correct for the first part. The second part, that I emphasized, I am not sure what you are saying
  2. Less the gene being present in the ovaries as a whole and more the gene making it into a single developing ovum cell

In theory, yes. But you could be looking at a 1:50 or 1:100 or 1:10,000 chance so perhaps not great odds

4 Likes

Then I definitely have a miracle hatchling lol.
So she’s a bamboo with the small chance that an ovary carries pinstripe?
Definitely crazy how Chimeras work, a hardcore game of odds.

2 Likes

Maybe

Like i said, there are multiple ways this could have happened and those were just the two that popped into my head over a couple minutes thinking. If I put a few hours into it I could probably come up with a few more ideas as well

We do not know for certain that your animal is actually a chimera. Again, it comes down to the actual nature of what happened with her and we cannot know that without some serious genetic analysis

5 Likes

I had meant pinstripe, not paradox xD

2 Likes