Are some morphs over hyped?

Have you seen the GHI Mojave Clown??? Amazing what that combo does

2 Likes

Hello guys and gals, thanks for the support.

I think the most over hyped project would be the Red Ball. It wasnā€™t even real, it was 100% hype.
Everyone got all hyped up about it, some spent thousands of dollars on it, and got nothing but hype.

14 Likes

Thank you :raised_hands:

4 Likes

That has to win. Technically nothing could be more overhyped than that.

1 Like

But did you know clowns are the smartest? Facts.

#NotFakeNews

2 Likes

How day you sir.

How.
Dare.
You.

1 Like

A few months ago and I would have agreed with Clown, but it has grown on me recently. Iā€™m still not fond of the head (the dots around the eyes and mouth) but the combos are gorgeous.

I would have said pied if they werenā€™t so damn stunning and varied. Definitely my favourite recessive gene, just above hypo. I also really like the banana gene.

For me, itā€™s spider and scaleless that are overhyped. Scaleless I just think looks awful, and thereā€™s the obvious reason for spider, but donā€™t want to start a debate on that subject!

Iā€™m intrigued by the sunset. I really like the orange/red color. Maybe it just doesnā€™t pair well with the clown?

What do you think about the puzzle gene?

1 Like

Matt Byram Exotics has this sunset clown posted (for a cool $35k) and I can straight up say that is a NICE looking snake. I donā€™t really see the clown in it, maybe cause Iā€™m a noob, but itā€™s just amazing to see.

Quite a few people like the puzzle gene. I think I like it, but Iā€™ve seen so many different puzzles that Im not sure what the puzzle gene is actually doingā€¦ if that makes sense.

7 Likes

Insane Clown Posse forever :clown_face: :clown_face: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Most of them, honestly. Some of them look cool, but the only ones Iā€™d actually buy at this point are med-high white pieds, BELs, a low-contrast albino, or a small handful of clown combos.

That said Iā€™ve started moving away from balls, and morphs in general. I used to be into them when I first got into the hobby, but itā€™s gotten too out of hand for my taste. If the list of genes in one snake is so long I canā€™t remember all of it, Iā€™m not really interested lol

Mojave is ok, but I prefer lesser and mystic over Mojave in combos and single gene. I like what the other BEL complex genes do in combinations more

Hey Tim! I honestly think puzzle just looks like a very nice normal, and compared to other recessives it just isnt that eye catching to me. But hey thatā€™s just my opinion, some of you may agree or disagree

I think over-hyped includes the sunset, monsoon, hurricane, batman, puzzle, and a couple others. Other people like them, I get it. But, Iā€™m not very impressed with either one.

1 Like

Ohh my Godā€¦you are almost cursing :wink: Love my super mojave girlā€¦so bright white and then with her slightly grayish purple head and blue eyes, or my leopard pastel mojave male, the contrast of the light jungled up patern on the very dark brown underground with the white coming up from the belly and the almost full backstripe. I love mojave. But this proves one major thingā€¦beauty is in the eyes of the beholder :smile:

4 Likes

Some like coffee,tea,water,juice,milk etc everyone has there own taste with there lips as much as they do with there eyes ,there all beautiful just we prfer our own morphs

2 Likes

Most. Accurate. Statement. Ever.

I think a lot of people pass there judgment before actually seeing what each morph is capable of because some morphs do some things in combos that you would NEVER EVER expect so I keep an open mind and take that into account when I pass any judgementā€¦of course I like and dislike certain combos but say Mojave for instanceā€¦or LEOā€¦they do so many differant things its hard to not like it in some combos amd its hard for me to like in othersā€¦its really started to progress he past three years also and only a few people have made it even a lil past the tip of the iceberg

Yeah itā€™s kind of an impossible question because almost no morphs are equally explored.

I tried to answer the question as it was worded but it seems like it basically just became ā€œwhich morphs do you not love personally.ā€

Most of us dont even know half of the ways even our favs reactā€¦some combos like a simple banana calico blow my mind and Iā€™m not a huge fan of either one by themselves but put em both in one animal and I absolutley LOVE IT