Are some morphs over hyped?

Two over hyped morphs I can think of would be bananas sorry banana lovers, but I can’t stand them. Hateeeee those ugly black freckles they get. Another one for me personally I can’t stand would be axanthics. I think they look horrible. Look great as babies with those awesome greys. Unfortunately it doesn’t stay most turn into brown blobs.

2 Likes

Most*

Gotta invest in your genetics so you hopefully get ones that don’t. But I know what you mean many are unrecognizable

1 Like

Its all about what you put with it, regular axanthics aren’t that great looking but it can look amazing in certain combos. Same for bananas, I find that Enchi and lesser almost completely reduce the freckles. Im not a fan of the freckling either.
Here’s my lesser banana, He’s over a year old and I have yet to see a single one on him.
He’s from a lesser x banana pastel enchi pairing

3 Likes

Get out. :broken_heart:

LOL

I will say I was hoping Penny would develop freckles but he hasn’t yet. When I picked him up at NARBC the other bananas with him in the display case had freckles, but Penny was the most active and so I wanted to see him. I didn’t know Banana and CG, at the time, were the same gene just different lines of it.

4 Likes

I like the freckles as well personally it’s unique.

1 Like

SHE’S HERE AND SHE IS SO CUTE

13 Likes

Congrats! Very nice girl!

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy: I said I’m sorry banana lovers. I can’t stand those freckles. To me they look like ticks or fleas. They just give off that dirty appearance. Anyone that knows me knows I appreciate and love clean clean animals. No unnecessary marks or spots. Reduced pattern and no freckles lolol. Axanthics I have yet to find an adult I’m remotely interested in or appreciate as an adult.

3 Likes

Sk and MJ don’t brown out as much like VPI does and JD Constrictors does some AMAZING stuff with it…if you havent checked it out already you should

2 Likes

I have seen all the lines brown out but it’s what we talk about all the time. QUALITY.
Get quality examples of the morph and they will age well. No different than getting a good pastel as opposed to a bad one right?

4 Likes

I feel personally attacked :blush: both of them morphs are high up my list with banana being in my top 5. I love them freckles. But you are right, both of them only look good as babies, and as I’ve not owned either yet I rarely see adults that remind me of how ugly the do get.

3 Likes

Interesting/funny story… RDR was offered the first Banana out of Africa but when he looked at the picture the exporter sent him he thought it just looked like a tick-infested Caramel and so he passed on it.

Interestingly enough, VPI used to be the gold-standard for Axanthics until…

JD Constrictors started selectively breeding for cleaner, more stable examples from TSK-line. And now the tables have flipped because of the work John has done. Which highlights well what crawd is saying - If you work your projects right, you can get pretty exceptional examples for most morphs.

3 Likes

I think freeway and highway are overrated. I liked them at first, but they are still pretty over hyped.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: now THATS a hot take lol. Freeways are :fire: :fire:

2 Likes

Yeah thats one I didnt think I would see on here…if Super Asphalt gets a vote I’m leaving this place for ever

1 Like

Yeah ,freeways,highways ,Mardi Gras ,gravel are some my fav genetics ,infact my projects I wanna do involve some this lines in clown and pied :fire::fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

I’m team #ASHphalt because of Billy but they are basically the same…the Super ASHphalt-Super Gravels are actually my #1 on me wishlist…I’ll make one here soon enough

2 Likes

May or may not be an insane freeway clown project dropping soon… :smiley: can’t wait

1 Like

There’s only a few of us working the sandblast gene, Im hoping to really see what it can do this upcomming season! I love sandblast

7 Likes

Dunno, they just don’t appeal to me anymore. It’s highway and freeway stuff everywhere, I probably just got bored

3 Likes