Are some morphs over hyped?

On that note, I’ve added spark and specter to my collection and want to work them into ultramel and clown stuff someday

1 Like

Idk you can get two differant supers on top of hitting the actual freeway depending on what you have and I can see where it could be deemed repetitive but Super ASHphalts or Super Gravels come out of it so I’m still in…plus the Dirt Roads there is just so much…didnt even mention Mardi Gras but yeah the market os pushing it like crazy but RIGHTFULLY SO…it does do an awful lot…not to even mention the LEO IVORY which is one of my favorites also…plus the huge difference when you hit a pastel plus they age pretty damn good also…I respect your opinion THOUGH…I can see you point slightly

Yeah I’ll be looking for a to quality Male after year

I’m working on Leo ivories and eventually Leo ivory ultramel

I just was looking over the bamboo section, and I think the bamboo gene is very under-hyped.

I know someone said somewhere (could be this thread, but I’m not scrolling up cause I’m lazy rn) that bamboo use to be super hyped, and then it didn’t go anywhere. I think I’m going to changing one of my main focuses to bamboo projects. I think they have a lot of potential, and a lot (like most morphs) that have yet to be really explored!

I just think there are other genes that do what bamboo does but better (in my opinion Lesser is just a nicer bamboo in most combos.)
And once people got onto those, it didn’t go anywhere.
I have seen some nice ones lately tho. The combos where it almost whitens the snakes I do think are cool. But many it just looks like a low quality lesser.

1 Like

I can see where you’re coming. However when I just looked at a lesser to a bamboo they don’t look a lot at all to me. The coloring and the markings as different to me. Lesser looks to be darker with common alien heads, when bamboo is just the opposite. Maybe it’s just the snakes I’m looking at on MM :woman_shrugging:

Ok I’m gonna look at all the single genes then like 2-3 gene combos and see if that changes my mind…

Nope. Didn’t. The dorsal stripe is cool on the single genes but I just don’t love what it does to colors in combos. Seems to take any bright sharp contrasts and just blah it out.

But hey…if no one likes it…and it’s even kinda good…that’s underrated! Lol

I rest my case. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Wow Sugar can even make Bamboo look good! :yum:

Clown (without Blade), Banana, Sunset, Scaleless. Probably in that order.

2 Likes

You guys are absolutely nuts on clown. It’s the future. But that’s fine more for me lol!

2 Likes

@thecrawdfather like they say, different strokes. I’m old school: I want something that still looks like a BP…but maybe on steroids. Once pattern is lost or so confused it doesn’t look like a BP anymore, I start losing interest.

1 Like

I agree to pinstripe. I’m not really a fan of the single morph, even the lemon blast is not really one I’m crazy about. But then I see my lesser pinstripe yellowbelly het red axanthic male, and how crazy his back patern is and I start loving it again. Single gene is not great but in combo’s pinstripe has an effect which no other genes can.

I’ve come to think of Pinstripe as the cleaner method of Spider, without having to use Spider.
I love what it does to patterns.

4 Likes

Will that Mojave het Puzzle change your mind? :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Almost :grin::grin: I like that a lot of the muddy browns arnt present.

For me butter without any combo it’s just like a pastel with a little bit more variation. But when you start adding other morphs it does get more exciting as it goes because of the severe blushing

Sunset is underhyped, it came out long ago and few people bought into it.

3 Likes