Cappuccino, Frappaccino, Melanistic Crested Geckos

Another genetic morph of crested geckos! Happy to be working with these and seeing what cool combos can be made!

12 Likes

Those are nice! Can you explain what makes each morph? And is the melanistic one missing its crests?

2 Likes

No, if you zoom in on the eye facing away from the camera you can see very little crests.

3 Likes

@eriksreptiles
Welcome to the community. Lovely looking geckos although I’m not up on info for these, I’m going to share what I believe is true (please correct me if I’m wrong)

Melanistic is believed to be the super form of Cappuccino, melanistic are new (this year or last year) and haven’t been officially labelled due to still gathering data (not that most morphs are official anyway) and due to age, they are yet to be proven as breeders.

I don’t know much about what makes a Crestie Cappuccino, can you shed any light on this? I do know they both are known for small head structure.

Is a Frappuchino a Lilly White Cappuccino?

I love new morphs :grin:

3 Likes

Mel’s are awesome, hopefully can be bred! And hopefully Can get them with big ol crests!

The other 2-
I’ve seen Cresties looking like these for sale not labelled as those though. What’s happening? :sweat_smile:

Infact I nearly went for a Lily like the frap but ended up with my Naruto instead.

Damn even I’m lost on those 2 :rofl:

3 Likes

Naruto is awesome :relaxed:

Would be nice to know what makes a Cappuccino & a Frappuchino Crestie!

2 Likes

Mel is gorgeous! I love charcoal for the same reasons!

2 Likes

Yeah that ones a fav, I will get one! Just gotta import, as the person working with them here has Dal spots in them :weary:

2 Likes

That is a solution!!! Just get more geckos lol :joy:

4 Likes

Someone really needs to tell me to stop…:joy:

3 Likes

I want a charcoal too but I’m not looking to import just yet, transportation worries me.

@ghoulishcresties maybe you should set yourself a limit on how many geckos to buy! And once you get to that amount STOP!

I know it’s so hard to stop Buying reptiles but it’s good to say no now and then, esp as it could mean you get to keep more babies :grin:

I’m the budgeter (boss) of the house so I have to say no to a lot of things lol

3 Likes

STOP

Telling yourself that you need to stop buying more geckos, you need more geckos.
8 Likes

Now that is what she needed!

5 Likes

Cappuccino is the base morph.
Frappaccino is a Lilly White Cappuccino.
Melanistic is a super form of a Cappuccino (two Cappuccino bred together).

The melanistic does has crests above its eyes, but reduced down its head/back.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Are you able to explain what makes a Cappuccino a Cappuccino please? Is it colour, structure, markings?

1 Like

I believe that it’s an inc-dom mutation if that’s what you’re wondering.

1 Like

Thanks but I mean what makes a Gecko a cappuccino?

Eg Lilly White has the white back, tail and tummy (plus other things) & soft scale has less scales (plus other things) that make those morphs.

What makes a cappuccino be called a Cappuccino, rather than (eg) a dark base harlequin?

4 Likes

These were founded and are from originally Korea.
This is actually the breeders cappuccino group that produced the first ever Mel.

3 Likes

They look very much like the charcoals, but have either white or yellow on them as you can see :blush:

Also have a look on their Instagram you can see the fraps and all! :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks for the link. I don’t have access to Instagram.

So according to the website " the Cappuccino line to be dark brown based cresties with yellow/white pinstripes."

So what’s to say that some of my dark base geckos aren’t Cappuccino? I’m not saying they are, I just want to understand how you can ID a cappuccino.

1 Like