Check out my blood and short-tailed pythons - and share yours!

@westridge thanks! In brongersmai it is called a Super Stripe and he’s also het Sunglow👍

1 Like

i miss my short tail python “Cherry pie-thon” i ended up trading him for a BCI Anery female

3 Likes

I’m hoping to pick up a female (maybe even a male too for a breeding pair) at Tinley next month. Blood/short-tail pythons are so cool!

1 Like

I don’t know if we can give shout outs to specific vendors that will be at Tinley but…

Look at this beauty!

9 Likes

My ivory boy. Not for breeding just for the love of the species.

6 Likes

I like his yellow color.

2 Likes

Here’s my little Borneo. She’s from an old line and nothing too special but <3

I’m also really jealous of everyone’s well behaved stps. This little girl still likes to give me left hooks.

6 Likes

Our Sumatran Short-Tail Pair. They are super chill.

8 Likes

Please do! I adore blood pythons, but I’m not in a situation where I’ll be able to get one myself any time soon. Please- let me live vicariously through you! :blush:

3 Likes

I don’t own any short tails pythons now. But they were the first snakes I ever kept and bred. Back then almost everything you came across was wc or ch. no morphs lol. There is some amazing stuff out there now. This is a picture of me and the first snake to lay eggs for me back in 2001.( I’m getting old lol)

10 Likes

Resurrecting this thread to post a new pic of my girl Poppy. In about 2 weeks I’ll have a male to share. I’m so excited! This species is super enchanting, it’s crazy to me that they aren’t more popular.

12 Likes

Right??? People are missing out. They’re such gorgeous, wonderful snakes. Your girl is beautiful!

4 Likes

I second the resurrection! Actually i sell Resurrections at a bar, hows that for a coincidence?
Heres Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. A 1.0 Lyly Matrix het tneg and a 0.1 Goldeneye het tneg i picked up last September.

11 Likes

Beautiful! I love it! My girl is a Lyly Matrix het T+, and the male I’ve got coming is a Pixel het T+ Cannot wait to post photos of him in a couple of weeks!!!
In just 3-4 short years maybe I’ll have a clutch of bloods, and maybe I’ll just keep all of them!

5 Likes

Make it red and name it the blood python :wink:

They really are one of the more interesting species. Their faces makes me think of how I would expect a boa X Ball python to look.

5 Likes

Here’s my normal girl, Mina (I’ve shared pictures of her all over this forum already, but why not here too?):

She just shed, so I’ll try to get some new pics of her tonight. That one was taken the day she arrived a couple months ago. She’s grown quite a bit since then!

10 Likes

The way they move around is so interesting, they are slow and thoughtful most of the time. You can see the gears turning (whereas with my ball pythons, I’m lucky if the gears even touch… lol!)

7 Likes

Super nice girl! Really like the marbling towards the bottom on her! Can’t wait to see the male!

Super nice pair! When first I read that I thought it was fox murder lol

6 Likes

Yeah, I get the sense that they’re very intelligent. That’s not really based on anything scientific, it’s just a feeling I get working with my girl. I love the way her eyes follow everything, like she’s always aware of everything going on around her. And her movements always seem very deliberate and thoughtful, like she’s making conscious decisions rather than just acting on raw instinct.

I adore my sand boa, but I don’t really get the same sense of thoughtfulness and intelligence from her, haha.

6 Likes

Pixel is dope. I do love the maroons and deep rich reds in tpos. But ive always been drawn to the tnegs. It might be a 10, 12 year journey to get to what im looking for, that ONE display i want, lol. But retirement is on the horizon. I got time. Slow and steady wins the race

5 Likes