Crazy odds you've hit?

So have any of you hit some crazy odds you didn’t expect to hit on a clutch? Show us the results!

3 Likes

3 Albinos and 1 het from Candino to get albino… And no Candino.

7 Likes

Twin Pinstripe Clown females from Banana Lemon Blast Het Clown to Lesser Het Clown is probably one of my best odds to date.

Het to Het is hard enough with multiple genes at play but on the top of it twins…should I play the lottery that day.

36 Likes

Last clutch was 13 eggs, produced 3 stinging bumblebees…but produced 10 females and 3 males. I felt that was pretty crazy odds. Pairing was Enchi Albino X Pastel Spider.

5 Likes

Best odds were my last clutch, 3 eggs.
fire dg 66% Het hypo x lemonblast spotnose yb Het dg 50% Het hypo and I produced a firefly yb spotnose hypo dg.

9 Likes

It was a few years ago so the pics are archived (and also crappy) but I had nine eggs from a Butter x RedStripe - 8/9 were RedStripe and 8/9 were male.

That same season, across all clutches, I had 87% males

This year I had a seven egg clutch and hit 1:128 on every animal in the clutch… But that was not particularly crazy all things considered

3 Likes

My luck trends in the other direction. My first clutch was a Pastel Clown x Bumblebee het Clown. First baby to hatch? Male normal het Clown.

4 Likes

I’m actually interested in why that wasn’t particularly crazy :joy: that’s mad odds

1 Like

Because I am using a trick of wording and preconceived notions on how probability works to make something mundane sound epic.

The reality is that I paired two animals that had seven morphs between them. So no matter what I got, the outcome would be an entire clutch of 1:128 animals:

https://www.morphmarket.com/c/reptiles/pythons/ball-pythons/genetic-calculator/?s1=Butter%2CEnchi%2COrange+Dream%2CPastel%2CYellow+Belly&s2=Black+Pastel%2CCypress

4 Likes

I get you now :joy: I hope it wasn’t seven single genes :neutral_face:

That’s like getting 1 on a die. Twice :joy: i just hope that the rest of clutch didn’t end up being all single traits.

Probably not my best but the best of 2019.
Mahogany het Pied x Mahogany het Pied
7 eggs
1.1 Suma Pieds
0.1 Mahogany Pied
0.1 Pied
2.1 Mahogany 66% het Pieds

18 Likes

My crazy odds of will be my pin yellow belly lav. Actually we got that female as regular yellow belly and it came out to be het plus hit the triple gene

1 Like

MY BEST ODDS WERE: 1. BLACK PEWTER PIED X .1 BLACK PASTEL : 5 EGGS: 1. BLACK PASTEL HET PIED; .1 SUPER BLACK PASTEL HET PIED; .2 HET PIED; .1 PASTEL HET PIED.

8 Likes

Last season I got 5 Lavender Albinos from a Het. Lavender X Pin het. Lavender breeding. I guess the gods were once again taking the piss!!! I’ve been using the male Pinstripe het. Lavender for 4 or 5 years by now, and I’ve not seen a single Lavender Pin yet. :face_with_monocle::flushed:

Ohwell… we live in hope I guess.

7 Likes

Last season I paired a male Spider Clown to a female Pastel Lesser Het. Clown. It was her first year breeding and she only gave me 4 eggs. Here were the results!

0.1 Pastel Clown
0.1 Spider Clown
0.1 Pastel Lesser Clown
1.0 Lesser Spider Clown

16 Likes

My first ever clutch was 5 eggs. The pairing was killer blast to pewter and I got 2 sonnet balls, 1 killer blast, 1 pewter, and 1 super pastel. The super pastel was the only male.

3 Likes

Hoping this year will be third time lucky. The last 2 years i have done the same pairing, Lemonblast Pied x Hypo Black Pewter het Pied, 18 eggs so far and no pieds.

1 Like

Dang. Was the het supposed to be 100%?

Sounds like a lemon alright :joy::sob:

3 Likes

Hitting these odds is more common than you would think!!