Favorite Piebald Pairings?

Hey all! I’m fairly new to breeding and wanted some advice on my first project. I’m really thinking I’m gonna go for a few banana piebald clutches. But then I wondered how big the market for that really was. And am I limiting myself too severely? Are there any other morphs I should consider pairing with piebald? Would love any input and/ or pictures of your piebald combos. Thanks in advance! :blush: :snake: :green_heart:

1 Like

Axanthic is another one that goes great with pied.

2 Likes

All of them. Pieds are one of the most popular base genes.
pied group_zpsdt9po9q8

21 Likes

I second the axanthic vote, and also recommend leopard, enchi and orange hypo.

5 Likes

I have a normal banana whose father is Banana Enchi Grim and he is an absolute stunner! I am going to delve deeper into researching the enchi gene for sure. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen an orange hypo though! I’ll have to look at some! Thanks!

1 Like

Also Yellowbelly and Orange Dream

2 Likes

9 Likes

13886278_1037298216365551_1843647329998521856_n

11 Likes

Hypo and Pied look good together

2 Likes

@osbornereptiles Wow!! :heart_eyes: Those highway pieds are just phenomenal. If you’re ever selling mentorships, I’d definitely be interested. I’m so enthralled by the highway morph. I didn’t even know if you could successfully get that pattern to show up in a pied for a good while. Did you start with het pieds or visuals when you started that project? If you don’t mind me asking.

Is hypo even noticable on pied against all that white?

Axanthic & Pied. All day long.

17 Likes

@gotballs I think I’m starting to agree! What morph of Axanthic is that beauty? I love the tiny bit of yellow left against those stark greys.

Oh yeah you cannot mistake a hypo pied with a regular pied, and it only gets better with age.

OP to me most Pied combos look amazing I only draw the line to those that get too muddy for my taste

7 Likes

Hypo Pied

Normal Pied

5 Likes

Yep…axanthic

7 Likes

Are they all light Brown like the one in your photo?

I am sure there are variations among individuals as well as variations depending on the line being used.

He is my first so I can’t tell you but I am sure @osbornereptiles can answer that one.

1 Like

These are a couple of pieds from my wrecking ball project. Hoping to work more stuff out with it this year. New Morph? The Wrecking Ball Project

4 Likes

I’ve never heard of that morph! Thank you for linking your thread! The amount of time and effort you put in truly does show in those beautiful snakes. Genuinely inspiring for newbie breeders like me :smiley:

1 Like