Finding MorphMarket Ratings

Continuing the discussion from Feature Request: "Buyer Profiles":

Yep! Just head over to your User Profile in the menu (top right corner of the homescreen) and select the Public View button. There you will see your ratings

1 Like

Interesting, when i went to my public profile i didnt see a rating tab for me like it shows in your screenshot. Perhaps sellers havent rated me, and it doesnt display if you have no ratings.

2 Likes

You have a store so you can actually find them on your Store Page…

https://www.morphmarket.com/stores/verinium/ratings

You will see a set of tabs that allow you to see all the different ratings received and given…

2 Likes

I do not have a from sellers tab however, which i dont know if its because im not allowed to see it, or if ive just never received feedback from a seller.

1 Like

This one. As soon as a rating is made public it can be found here.

Guys… START RATING BUYERS!

5 Likes

For real haha, ive bought 4 of my snakes from MM Sellers (3 different sellers) haha, so 0 ratings is kinda crazy. Though admittedly 1 of those sellers i forgot to rate (i wanted to wait til after the quarantine period, and then forgot amid working full time and full time college).

Either way, it goes to show being active in the MM Community is likely going to be the option for buyers to build up their reputations.

I feel if buyers come on here and work with more experience members, post up pics of their enclosires they are preping for the animal they want, and getting their husbandry parameters set up, that a seller would feel better about selling them an animal knowing they took the time to learn about the animal, as well as having a proper setup and access to experience keepers for when they need to upgrade as the snake grows.

2 Likes

The solution!!

2 Likes

I’ve bought 4 snakes from MorphMarket in the last year and I rated every seller I bought from but haven’t received a single buyer rating myself. :sleepy: Does the seller get prompted to rate the transaction like the buyer does?

4 Likes

Ditto. 4 or 5 transactions. Always rate seller and give feedback, but don’t get any buyer ratings in return. I suspect that it’s harder for the seller since some may be doing many transactions and I’m only doing one at a time.

3 Likes

Yep! Marking an animal as “Sold to ***” will trigger a notification email to the buyer with a link to leave a rating. The same link will then also be found on either party’s own ratings page in the appropriate tab.
Once the transaction has been reported by one party an email will invite the other party to leave a rating as well. - Ratings - MorphMarket Support Center

1 Like

This is a little confusing. If I click on the public view of my user profile, it says that I have 1 review.
If I click on the link to that review, it shows 4 reviews that I have left for sellers.
Not the 1 review that someone left for me as a buyer.
Am I missing something?

1 Like

To be devil’s advocate from the seller’s side here, the old feedback system was a bit of a bear to navigate. If I lost track of the thread (and with sometimes many inquiries a day this was easy to do) it was hard to go back and find the prompt to leave ratings. The new system is MUCH better and it’s been a lot easier to find where to leave feedback, although once sales get too old we can’t go back and create a review, there’s a statute of limitations built in (understandably so).

Also, not that I’m implying things about anyone on here (and I’m certainly not), but in some cases a seller won’t leave feedback with mediocre or high maintenance buyers to avoid drama. The transaction was completed but the buyer didn’t “earn” a review so-to-speak.

2 Likes

I can definitely understand that POV. As a person who has bought many times with 0 reviews, i would argue that being left a no rep buyer is worse than having a seller simply state the buyer had alot of questions, or took long to make up their mind, at keast negative reviews such as that would reflect the buyer still paid what was owed and completed a successful transaction, where as with a no rep buyer, the next seller has to decide if its worth the risk dealing with the individual.

Obviously this is mitigated by the fact that payment is always due first, so the chances of a buyer disappearing with the snake i have to assume are lower than the alternative (with disputing charges, im sure its still possible for a buyer to scam a seller, i just inagine its harder to successfully do).

Avoiding drama is definately a high priority, especialky for new sellers whos rep could be easily ruined, i just feel letting a buyer know why they felt it was a negative experience would help the buyer (and sellers that have to deal with them) with future interactions.

1 Like

Be sure you are selecting the “From Sellers” tab…

1 Like

I literally do not have that tab. I have the other 3, but “From Sellers” is missing.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: … can you screenshot what your seeing?

Sounds like the same as me… would be interested to see if it shows for other members. Perhaps theres a bug that wasnt known :slight_smile:

1 Like

Then that would be a good thing to find, bugs suck! :upside_down_face:
To clarify Not inverts though

1 Like

sure:

Capture

2 Likes

I don’t have that tab either - I assumed because I hadn’t received any feedback from sellers yet.

2 Likes