First clutch of 2021

I think bumblebee was when looking fire spiders don’t seem to have that nice white belly :blush:

1 Like

True, bumblebees just seem a little lighter than this guy does.

I’m actually quite stuck with this one lol

1 Like

I’m patiently waiting for the sexes just so you know :joy:
I love knowing if I’ve got little girls of boys! :relaxed:

1 Like

I did say he :relaxed: think I’m sticking to bumblebee as the white is quite high. We might be selling him as we just can’t decide if we want him or not :thinking:

I’m going to double check the rest before mentioning anymore

2 Likes

Oh I noticed that :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I would say keep him! The high white is very clean.

2 Likes

Thing is we don’t need a bumblebee and a firebee.

If I had my way, we’d keep majority of them.

We’re going through them to work out which ones go and which ones stay :pleading_face:

4 Likes

I’ll take him! Though I think we would both have conniptions trying to get him across the pond. :broken_heart:

1 Like

Figuring out who stays and who goes is so bittersweet! I have two of my little ones moving on to bigger and better things this week and while I desperately need the space, I’ll miss their cute little faces

3 Likes

This is the part I have been dreading.

We’ve got so many nice snakes and I have grown so fond of them :pleading_face::sob:

I’d love to ship overseas, but I’m too worried they might not make it :tired_face:

1 Like

It’s feeding day today, I will have to continue sexing them later in the week, hopefully :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

So it turns out, I can’t get pictures while trying to sex them as my phone camera just won’t focus when I put it on a timer :thinking: despite me trying different snakes over a couple of days :pleading_face:

I’m really nervous about getting it wrong but also I want to advertise some for sale before we change our minds :sweat_smile:

Anyhoo our oldest son has decided that he would like to have the Black Pewter as his first snake, so this one will be staying! We are hoping to get an enclosure set up for him for his birthday in a few months and let him have it in his room, or at least that’s the plan. With a lock off course

5 Likes

Smart boy lol :fire:

1 Like

He couldn’t decide between the spider & the Black Pewter but the deciding factor was because he wanted to name (possibly) her Umbreon

2 Likes

He must love Pokémon.

1 Like

Haha yes!!! Good lad, and best choice ❤️‍🔥

2 Likes

He certainly does love Pokémon :grin:

I was secretly hoping he would like the bumblebee and hubby was hoping he’d like the firefly as we don’t want to sell either of them, we may still keep them two :sweat_smile:

1 Like

They’re my favs :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I couldn’t sex them and take the pic myself, despite my efforts, so hubby assisted. Here are some pics we managed to get and what sex we think they are:

Mojave - male

One of the spiders - female

Bumblebee - female

Firefly - male

Any ideas as to if we’re correct or not and if we are seeing can you explain what I need to look out for please?

No reptiles were harmed in this process :blush:

2 Likes

@saleengrinch

But damn that firefly :rofl:

2 Likes