First clutch of 2021

Have they all shed yet?

2 Likes

No not yet, hoping they will at the weekend. We won’t be feeding the others too they shed, I’m just worried about this little one as it hasn’t absorbed all the nutrients

Thanks I really appreciate the help. I will speak with my husband. They are in a quiet room away from the house noise so they are left alone most of the day

How you’re leaving them alone is beyond me. I’m checking on the Cresties hatchlings daily here :joy:
You’ve got some will power Woman! 😮‍💨😆

I said most of the day! I’ve been working so that kind of helps :smiley: but they are checked on a few times a day a quick pic of some of the others

6 Likes

I was gonna say! I’d struggle so bad!
Look at them all!! ❤️‍🔥

1 Like

I would keep them paper towels moist at all times until they shed.

4 Likes

We are but thanks for the tip, I took the pic before I sprayed as they tend to move a lot lol

2 Likes

Soooo… who’s the fav so far? :wink:
My vote it the little loner, and the right chunk on the left similar in colour with lots of dots :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

The one with dots is my favourite, hubby’s favourite is all of them and the small one that had the hardened yolk (not in last pic as it’s separate) is my eldest sons favourite and he has chosen that one too be his… So I really need the little one to pull through :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

We are thinking of trying to sex them after first shed. But I’m use to having to wait with Cresties so we may just leave it till they are a little bigger.

Cute pic that I forgot to post :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Hopefully the little guy/girl makes it. As a parent I can imagine how eager you are for that to happen. keep us updated. I’m rooting for him all The way! :blush::heart:

2 Likes

Thanks here’s a pic of the lil one

3 Likes

Poor baby, have you taken him to a exotic vet? Has he eaten? I don’t even know if he can eat, from one picture I could tell it was probably something from the inside. Sorry to bombard you with questions just worried for the little fella, and he’s not even mine. :frowning: I have a lot of sympathy for animals. Sorry.

2 Likes

You could name the one with dots chonker, what? It’s true :woman_shrugging:t3:. Pretty baby! :relaxed:

2 Likes

I’m the same! I’m fully invested in these! :sweat_smile:
They’re all so lovely :relaxed:

1 Like

I agree, though I’ve only ever had one creastie and she was a absolute sweetheart, hope to have more someday. Maybe when I’m done with my ball Python’s in 15 years, ill only be 45, so I’ll have some time. I already have some reptiles checked off on my List Like:
Retics
Ball pythons
Burmese Pythons
Argintine Tegu
Ackie Moniter
Caiman Lizard
Leopard geckos
Corn Snakes
Rosy Boas
Sand boas
Rainbow boas
Blue tounged skink
Anoles
Lechianus Gecko
… That is all I can think of :joy:

3 Likes

No we haven’t been to the vet as of yet. None of the lil ones have shed yet and they don’t eat till they have shed.

I’m hopeful the shed will be this weekend :crossed_fingers: if not we are going to try to feed it again tomorrow. If we don’t have much luck, I think the vets will be an option…but the first thing they will say is have we let it rest and have we tried feeding it.

1 Like

I know, I’m sorry. Hopefully they shed soon and the lil one gets all better. I’ll hope for the best.

2 Likes

Update…

So baby snakes are very blue tint like (no idea how to describe it) so going into shed VERY soon. Apart from the lil one but it’s still got s few days before I worry too much.

We’ve tried feeding it, but no luck yet. Hopefully it will eat soon :crossed_fingers:

Second clutch of eggs are still incubating, although one was a dud so 5 eggs left :crossed_fingers:

Babies have changed colours quite a bit so far :blush:

4 Likes