First clutch of 2021

Ok I really need a bumblebee… They’re beautiful :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I just hope the head wobble is minimal :crossed_fingers:

I’m still a little unsure as to what the visual difference is between bumblebee & firebee I’ve tried doing research but they show the same snakes for both :dizzy_face:

My initial thought was bumblebees are more yellow and firebees are more white but my research has made me confused.
Then I thought It is the colour fading down.

Can anyone recommend somewhere (that explains the difference) for me to read into this. Or can someone explain it to me?

I really want to understand ball python morphs a little more so I can ID snakes :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I found this. Which would make me say the one on the left is a bumblebee due to messier patterning and the one on the right is a firebee due to the cleaner patterning. You have them in person so what do you think! :blush:

2 Likes

I had watched this video and if it wasn’t for the head difference I would still be massively confused :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Little one still hasn’t eat or shed but it has got a little bigger, haven’t weighed it yet as I don’t want to stress it out.

Our hides haven’t shown up yet so I made a temporary hide, although it prefers to sit on top :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Two have shed, although I realize I only took a pic of one of them.

It’s not as light as mum, but I think this one is a firefly, correct me if I’m wrong.

5 Likes

I agree. :star_struck:

1 Like

So all have shed apart from lil one. So I think they are the following. Correct me if I’m wrong:

Firebee
Bumblebee
Spider
Spider
Firefly

6 Likes

I agree :point_up::blush:

3 Likes

Who’s staying then? :wink:
I’m going with the firebee and bumblebee, and then little tiny one for your son? :blush:

3 Likes

Not fully sure yet as depends on sex but firebee is a definite keeper regardless of sex :grin: I expect most will stay dependant how the second clutch of eggs turn out this year. We’re already working out next year’s breeders :blush:

Now the fun part, trying to get them to feed! :flushed:

3 Likes

All of them. :joy: :rofl: :joy:

4 Likes

Probably. It’s hard to choose but my husbands main goal is pieds… So we will have to see :grin:.

I got my bumblebee and firebee so I’m happy :blush: just need to convince husband that we should keep them booth… Might not be too hard :relaxed:

2 Likes

I’m definitely looking at breeding to get a killerbee now :blush:

3 Likes

I got bumblebee and firefly confused when I first read this and thought spider to spider… that’s deadly.

You are correct, that is deadly and definitely not something I’d do :grimacing:

1 Like

So our last clutch of the year started to pip on Fri this one got stuck so we popped it back in and made the hole a little bigger.

Another has slit it’s shell :grin: I can’t wait to see them.

Our first clutch are all eating, but the lil one still hasn’t shed… It’s gaining weight so I expect it to shed soon :crossed_fingers:

10 Likes

How many in this clutch? I see 3 eggs!
Bring on the babies!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

We have 5 eggs, did have 6 but one was a dud so we had to separate it and the other 2 needed to lean against something so they are at the bottom of the tub

2 Likes

I am no expert with ID, but from what I saw…I believe this one is a black pewter like dad

3 Likes