First Crested Gecko Baby!

I want to add, I’m trialling some small enclosures without the hydroballs as there just isn’t enough room. Plant growth will be slower as a result, but that’s the idea… I’ve had one set up for approx 6 months now and plants are doing okay, so are the springtails.

2 Likes

Lucky had spurs and I was able to determine sex. Lucky is a… Boy

1 Like

Do you mean pores?
All cresties have Spurs :blush:

2 Likes

I could see a visible bulge.

So he’s a little he! :laughing:

1 Like

Sounds like a boy, are you sure it’s a bulge and not just toilet time?

Males would have pores from a young age but bulge doesn’t usually show till 4 months plus. I had a male hold in his bulge till 1 and half years old

Average bulge for mine has been visible from 7 months plus.

And agree, every Crestie has spurs.

How to sex a crested gecko

1 Like

Our male here that the other half brought had a bulge from 5/6g.
Well endowed little man😂

1 Like

Can we have more pics of him! @erie-herps :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
And how’s handling going? :thinking:

1 Like

I’ll get some pictures later. I still haven’t tried handling yet but I’ll try sometime.

1 Like

Look forward to it!

That’s ok, not everyone handles!
I’m just a very hand on person and handle from day one :sweat_smile:
Wonder if any of the older or adults have had enough of me yet? :thinking::joy:
Would love to know what they think when my face just appears in front of them or a hand comes in the viv :rofl:

3 Likes

For the unnamed girly, maybe echo or Delta. Or if she is sweet honey or cupcake. She is very pretty so maybe Artemis

2 Likes

I’m starting to work on an enclosure but I’m not sure on substrate. Would sphagnum moss work as substrate to avoid impaction or would it need to be ABG or coco-fiber? Bioactive isn’t too important right now but it would be nice to have plants (I can keep them in pots if I need to).

Our Hatchlings go straight into enclosures with the same substrate as adults the day they hatch here. No risks of impaction etc. All are perfectly healthy and happy!
So you could do- coco fibre mixed with sphagnum moss and orchid bark :blush: I also add leaves in, they like to hide under them :relaxed:

1 Like

Any updates pics on the little one? How’s s/he doing? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I’m not home now but when I am I’ll move Lucky into a new enclosure and add pictures.

4 Likes

Sweet, I can’t wait to see.

3 Likes

If you want plants, then I’d suggest bio-active. I won’t be putting my hatchlings straight into bio-active just yet, but I’ve put all my purchased Cresties straight into bio-active enclosures and I’ve received some as low as 2/3g with no issues.

Can’t wait to see updated pics :relaxed:

2 Likes

I didn’t to start with. Now I do, and they’re all currently smashing crickets with no issues. My god they’re fast little buggers!! :rofl:
I just chucked some in and they’re appearing from
Nowhere?! :flushed:

2 Likes

I have the container mostly set up. I’ll add pictures once I add Lucky. It looked bigger empty so I might rehouse to a larger enclosure in about a month or so.

1 Like

I totally forgot to add pictures. :man_facepalming: I was planning on moving Lucky in except I noticed a bit of mold (I added springtails) and the enclosure does seem small. I don’t think I’m going to use this but I might (the flower in there is actually real, it flowered a couple days after I planted it). For an enclosure I have a large one but I think that might be too big (unless I added multiple food sources; it would make it hard to monitor Lucky). There’s an expo tomorrow and there’s usually a vendor with exo-terras. I might buy an 18x18x24 for my adults (they seem a bit cramped in their current enclosure) and a smaller one for Lucky (if I can afford both).

1 Like