Grinchmas miracle!

Hey everyone just wanted to share a little exciting news. While gutting my basement I found my house snake eggs in the trash pile outside. I didn’t have high expectations but these bad boys have spent time in my dresser until I found out my furnace wouldn’t light. Then they moved to my work locker. Coming close to day 80 at room temperature they have started hatching! Super excited!

31 Likes

Congrat!
Some lovely babies for you, hardy babs it seems too :black_heart:

7 Likes

Thank you they are my miracle babies I for real can’t believe they are hatching. They survived a flood and have been at room temp lol

10 Likes

Congratulations @saleengrinch. These are really miracle hatchlings. I bet they are going to beautiful and lovely. Definitely keep us updated on them.

6 Likes

holy smokes! I can’t believe they actually, like survived are you going to keep any or release them all?
and this is what I call a miracale!

5 Likes

That’s awesome! I can’t believe they survived all of that, it’s awesome that you are still able to get these snakes.

8 Likes

Thank you! Made my day for sure!

They are from Africa so I would never advocate releasing them into the wild. I may keep a group of 1.4 and just stick with house snakes. No rodents been enjoying not having those lol.

I can’t either they where legit in a trash pile lol.

10 Likes

Oh my gosh, that’s amazing, congratulations! I can’t believe they survived and are hatching, that’s crazy awesome! So happy for you and these little guys. :hugs:

7 Likes

Just incase your missing what these guys survived … Flooding Fundraiser for Shaun/saleengrinch … This is is amazing news!!!

8 Likes

I concur lol I honestly up until I seen a head didn’t think they would hatch. They candled good but didn’t want to get my hopes up lol

7 Likes

Smoke show!

First one out is pretty red!

Two more have pipped as well there is a total of 9

25 Likes

This is just the most awesome thing to see, it’s amazing the things nature lets these little ones survive! I’m so glad to hear that even in the wake of so much loss, you managed to literally pull some gains from the wreckage. Congrats, I hope they all hatch for you, and that the clean up/life/move prep is going well.

6 Likes

Thank you I appreciate that for real! After the storm comes the rainbow right? Lol Snake eggs tend to be way more hardy than we give them credit for.

7 Likes

Wow, that is seriously amazing! I’m glad at least one positive thing came out of that trash pile!

7 Likes

I know right lol honestly things could of been far worse. My house is fixable a lot of people lost legit everything. So I’m thankful to have a place to stay and some of my stuff still. And of course the support of family and friends which has been an inspiration to me personally.

8 Likes

Looks like you’re back in it! Glad to hear…

5 Likes

Yeah feel like the real tragedy would be to not keep all the females after all they went through lol.

8 Likes

I really hope that they do well for you Shaun. :relaxed:

7 Likes

Thanks my friend! I do as well!

6 Likes

Truth on both counts. It’s also rather poetic that even when you felt defeated about things and starting again, you got these miracles to encourage you to keep going.

7 Likes