Hello everyone (I’ve been called out)

I probably won’t get started on boas until i can start making some money on roaches and isopods. But just know that i definitely will get to boas eventually as i love them so much. I just want to start making myself more known before spending a lot of money on something that might fail. I will definitely contact you if i even have any questions though. Thank you!

4 Likes

This is YOUR introductions post. Basically your own part of the forum where you can post whatever you like (PG friendly). Its about getting to know you, not just your reptiles.

Go wild.

5 Likes

Heartless are you guys!!!

2 Likes

How do you become a “regular” by the way? Just curious.:thinking:

2 Likes

2 Likes
5 Likes

Honestly, with how good ive done with my inverts, and how much money ive spent growing out my snakes. Id say try inverts and see if you even want to switch. They are fairly low maintenance and given baby carrots, moss, and proper moisture, they explode in population in months. Best part? If they dont sell, not much lost because not much invested. They will breed and pass and breed and pass without much issue so long as you give them moss and carrots. Obviously the require bioactive enclosures (isopods), but that doesnt need to be changed or cycled for months at a time, and if you sift it and ad some new monthly, theres never any issue of frass buildup and you dont need to worry about losing all burried isos.

Honestly ive considered selling some of my isos now that ive got massive colonies, but have thusfar been too lazy haha.

5 Likes

Im going to go to a reptile expo on either Saturday or Sunday and I’m hoping to find some isopods there to buy. I still definitely want a boa but if i do breed them it won’t be for a while. I might also look for some other inverts there that i might be interested in so who knows what I’ll come home with. Im very excited to go because it’ll be my first expo and Im hoping to see some pretty boas even if i can’t get one yet. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Nice! I really want to go to reptile expo, but I’m not sure if there’s any near me, and my parents probably wouldn’t want to drive me super far… And I’m not a fan of driving myself either…
But have a ton of fun, and tell us all about it!

2 Likes

I recommend armadillidium ghestrois. They are pretty hardy, good desirability due to their pretty looks, and breed fast enough to get off the ground in decent time, but no so fast youll be overwhelmed before you know what you are doing haha. Pic attached in case you arent familiar

6 Likes

The one I’m going to is about 45 minutes away from me so it’s not too bad of a drive

1 Like

I want pretty much every isopod that exists so i don’t really know what I’ll end up leaving with. I will consider that one too if there’s any there. I will definitely share tons of pictures from the expo and show what i get so stay tuned!

2 Likes

Sounds good, do yourself a favor, unless you plan to raise them exclusively, avoid anything labeled “dwarf” they can and will get into every enclosure you have and can outcompete the less hardy ones. Some like them, but many in the hobby lament their existence haha

5 Likes

I absolutely love reptile expos! So many reptiles to see and want! lol! You will have a blast! Have a safe drive there and back! :heart::frog::lizard::snake::blush:

3 Likes

I just checked on my current wild caught Armadillidium vulgare and my bought Armadillidium maculatum isopods and found that there are babies in both! So exciting especially because i got the Armadillidium maculatum a while ago and this is the first time they are reproducing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Took my zebras FOREVER to start breeding!

3 Likes

Well I’m glad mine finally have! It’s also funny because the babies of my wild caught appeared literally overnight. Just yesterday i thought i had moved all of them in with my snails, then i check today and there is one adult and a TON of babies lol. Guess I’m not moving all of them after all :laughing:

2 Likes

I know im repeating myself, but do not underestimate the power of ( non chlorinated water rinsed) baby carrots. Sure, they turn a little bit orange, but it lasts a long time before rotting and they love it do population grows fast. Grats on your babies!

3 Likes

I’ll definitely put some in with them then! Thank you! :heart:

Hooray for you! I bet you are celebrating! Congratulations! :confetti_ball::tada::balloon::champagne::heart::snake::frog::lizard::blush:

2 Likes