Help Confirm Morphs, please? :)

Murphys patternless albino.
It is hard going to find a visual Bell patty, it does happen. I have a long long breeding project. Usually Tremper is the most widespread albino. Patty and Blizzard have been long standing projects of mine

1 Like

Hypo tang (Tang of unknown lineage) aberrant not jungle

1 Like

I would say it could also be an albino blizzard.

1 Like

From my own breeding’s and a lot of others MP albinos usually retain a yellower base colour than albino (blazing blizzards)

2 Likes

Also worth mentioning non albino MP also tend to retain a more yellow appearance too. Over BB

2 Likes

My blazing blizzard also has a yellow base color but I don’t have a murphey’s to compare it to and I think it would vary too much between individuals and from pictures for it to be a reliable indicator.

2 Likes

sadly unless you bred it yourself a lot of people have mps sold as blizzards and vice versa. Seen lots of breeders get them mixed up sadly :frowning: In my 12 years of blizzards and mp I am yet to see a yellow blizzard that wasn’t an actual “Banana”
22d46d363fd3587d5e083643b17b4900

3 Likes

I got it from a breeder who didn’t even work with MP geckos. The blizzards yellow is very faint and only sometimes visible (fired up and down?) but is still very noticable.

1 Like

as I say a lot of people believe they have Blizz but are MP and vice versa. All my blizzards are grey and BB white/some more pink. Mp’s yellow Grey tails and heads and albino yellow bodies white tails sometimes the heads. I think a lot have been crossed many a time and ended up a bit of a poop show sadly :frowning:

2 Likes

I think that true blizzards are grey…Albino and non bino MP yellow (grey head in tails and head…non albino…white in albinos)
I also think there has been an almighty cock up in breeding and crossing them too! With people STILL not knowing what they have.

There are some good breeding projects with putting a tang line into both these days. I think mine are pure “old skool”

3 Likes

So an update on Winter here, since he’s had time to grow and has since turned out quite a bit different. I finally got a shot of his eyes, too, if that helps with ID any.

3 Likes

Is this gecko one of the ones pictured above? It doesn’t look like any of them, it looks like a patterned albino.

The eye does help- this gecko is either an Eclipse or a Marble Eye (Marble Eyes are much less common). It’s also an Albino, no way to easily know which of the three unless you were told by the breeder. In terms of pattern, I’d call it a Reverse Stripe (though it might be a Stripe, I find it harder to tell in albinos).

So, I would describe this gecko as a Reverse Stripe Albino (strain unknown) with an ocular mutation (likely Eclipse but possibly Marble Eye).

Edit: your animal is most likely a Reverse Stripe Raptor, but there’s no way to tell without years of test breeding. A Raptor is a Tremper Albino Eclipse. Trempers are by far the most common strain of albino, with Bell a distant second and Rainwater third.

3 Likes

After looking back, I realized, I never included Winter in this! He was way too young when I got him, so I held back asking. So no, not the same gecko as before. Thank you for the ID, and the bit of education. :grin:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Dude that is such a cute pic! :heart_eyes: Man, people who think leopard geckos are ‘boring’ just don’t know what they’re missing! They have so much character, especially once they’ve settled in! For example, my girl Mina is an explorer & very outgoing and curious. Lola is very shy and easily startled, but obsessed with food. My gecko Rasputin was an adorable, grumpy little bum-head. Pablo is fearless, Lemmy is gentle, Myrtle was super smart, I could go on- leos are awesome! :blush:

4 Likes

Congrats on getting some really smart geckos. My leopard gecko will completely “walk the plank” off my hand if I let him. He doesn’t get the concept of depth perception :rofl:

3 Likes

On the topic of leopard gecko behaviors I have a few noteworthy ones. I have one (my first leo) who will walk off of my hands. When I first got him and was holding him he once jumped from my hand to his tank about 2 feet away. Of course he couldn’t get in through the side but he grabbed the stand long enough for me to catch him. I also have a pair of super snow eclipse black nights who are both extremely food motivated. When it’s feeding time they (one usually does and the other rarely does) try to eat anything and everything (moss, poop, my fingers, water dish) but they don’t actually swallow it. The only way to feed them without them doing that is to lure them into a container with food. :roll_eyes: :rofl:

3 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: Help ID My Leo

His eyes are wicked!!

3 Likes

3 Likes