Let’s see some Inverts

It looks like a type of locus or grasshopper :grin:

2 Likes

8 Likes

6 Likes

it’s a spiny predatory katydid

3 Likes

Ordered a bunch of neobarrettia spinosa, three were already gravid and were frantically trying to find a place with their ovipositor to deposit eggs right off the bat.

If this works out, There’ll be a bunch of nymphs to sell in the near future :slight_smile:

10 Likes

These are pretty cool, @mbullock42086, the colors are so intense they almost don’t look real. Where do they originate from?

5 Likes

And their care and keeping info?

3 Likes

8 Likes

10 Likes

Looks like apples are a crowd favorite.

10 Likes

Pleased to be able to join this topic!
My other half and daughter got me a Regal Jumping Spider!! :star_struck::spider:
I loved our girl we had (Charlotte), unfortunately she passed beginning of the year, I was so gutted as although I’m not one for spiders I loved that little thing! She was so cool, always out and about. And when she started hiding away I knew she wasn’t ok. I know it’s ‘only a spider’. But I really took to her. And I said I’d love to own one again because she really taught me that spiders aren’t all that bad!
Well now I have this little man 🥲❤️

10 Likes

I love jumping spiders! Are you going to be using that cup as an enclosure?

4 Likes

That’s what he came in, I’ll be getting him a glass enclosure, all Bio and planted out like our girl had :blush:
Already emailed someone who custom makes them seeing if he’ll do 20x20x30.
We used an Exo for our girl in that size and was brill but with him so small he’d escape :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

That’s very big but if you think you can make it work try it (personally I would wait until he’s full grown or get one half the size). Just make sure there aren’t any gaps. Have you named him yet?

2 Likes

Yeah it is, but I’ll have it ready! For now going to use a fruit fly cup, that’s what we started out with, with Charlotte. She grew very quick though, so will see how he does! I know he’ll be smaller, haven’t had a male so can’t wait Til he gets his colourful fangs!

Not yet actually! I know Emily was thinking of names so will see what she thinks tomorrow :sweat_smile:
But… She was trying to call our King Kaloosa :woman_facepalming:t2:
So god knows what she’s going to come up with😳

2 Likes

Jumping spiders are super duper cool!

2 Likes

Managed to get a couple of short videos on Porcellio scaber koi eating last night.

3 Likes

Jack moulted and got his colours 🥲❤️

11 Likes

Very awesome! Jack is super cool!

2 Likes

Probably stupid to love a spider :joy: :spider:

1 Like