Let’s see some Inverts

I have three, but the wife knows the back bedroom will be my critter room early next year. So I’ll have room for LOTS of inverts!!

2 Likes

That’s how it happens a while back my wife got a curly hair at a reptile show…… now we have 30.

4 Likes

@sacred-royals What do you have there?

2 Likes

So in these pics I got

Trinidad Olive (Neoholothele incei)
Homoeomma sp Blue peru 2
Trinidad Olive (Gold form)
caribena versicolor (Antilles pinktoe)
Costa Rican Zebra (Aphonopelma seemanni)
:blush:

4 Likes

Aphonopelma johnnycashi female and male

8 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

Okay, just this last one and I’m good, today… Probably. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Don 't stop now!

2 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

I forgot to reply but it likely won’t work since I didn’t have a control piece. It ranges from 0.9-1.3g depending on the humidity. Sometime I might set one up where I have another piece isolated as a control, we’ll see.

3 Likes

Have you noticed them feeding on it at all? They also eat eggshells, eventually til it’s all gone, so it might just be a slower process with the cuttlebone, it being a much larger and heavier item.

2 Likes

I noticed one on it once so they might be eating it, I’m just not sure how much. I’ll try adding in other forms of calcium (likely eggshell pieces). I also don’t see eggshell being as affected by humidity so I might be able to retry the experiment.

2 Likes

That is a sick image! I love it, that cockroach thanks he is boss.

2 Likes

One of our little velvet spiders finally almost big enough to get a real enclosure

8 Likes

I purchased 5 pairs of red-eyed devils, this was a male I got from a friend.

I’m going to be breeding them, though perhaps in retrospect, considering the late season, they may have been gravid already and i should’ve just kept 5 females. well better safe than sorry i guess!

14 Likes

Wow! Those are beautiful and scary looking!

2 Likes

What an amazing creature. I’ve never thought of keeping something like that as a pet.

2 Likes

That thing almost looks like a plastic toy with the sheen around its head/neck area. What exactly is it? I hope they don’t bite.

2 Likes