Morelia heads, who's all on here?

Let me get you a shot of my caramel male, he’s amazing, hold tight…
(later that night…)
This is Christopher Sunday, he’s on adult mice now, 2020 animal from Inland Reptile

2 Likes

:grimacing: I am in expectation!!

1 Like

People say that locality carpets can be more nippy then mixed (with jungle) other localities. But I don’t care about possibly more bites as a baby. It is really that I love the look of caramel and it is in coastals without crossing, and the length that they can reach (in time, of course) in just an add on in my opinion.

1 Like

People say a lot of stuff. :smiley:

1 Like

So so true…
like that retics are man-eating monsters
:arrow_up: This not true, lol

2 Likes

He is incredible! That is who I thought about buying from too. Love the colors, I know you probably couldn’t guess that.

1 Like

Does anyone on here have an Inland Carpet? If I got into carpets, that would be at the top of the list

3 Likes

I wish! @westridge I am scrambling to get my hands on as many of the unique forms of Morelia and Malayopython as I can afford, which isn’t very many, before they get reclassified by new gene sequencing results. The whole Australo-Papuan radiation of Pythonidae is going to see some big taxonomic revisions very soon. I don’t know what that will look like, but I have a few guesses. Inlands are different snakes from the rest of the M. spilota group, no doubt. They haven’t been at the top of my list yet, but they are definitely on it.

Here is my new caramel coastal female, pic from the ad, haven’t got a portrait here yet, she’s digesting.

Unrelated PS; I just spotted my only adult ball pythons locked up! I have never personally produced a clutch of ball pythons…which seems really weird, at this point. I am excited to see if I can still pull it off this year, they are both very healthy size, age and weight so I just paired them up. They seem to think that was a fine idea. Super Pastel YB het Clown to a big Normal female I think may be a Dinker

3 Likes

In order for mine:

Female Sunglow (carmel / albino) darwin/coastal mix.

Male Pure axanthic papuan carpet python (produced by Nick Mutton)

Male Striped Palmerston jungle carpet python (produced by Nick Mutton)

Male Het axanthic coastal carpet python w/ rockhampton locality influence; it is a pure coastal, but not a pure rockhampton. (Produced by Nick Mutton)

Female Albino 50% darwin, 25% coastal, 25% papuan. (Constrictors northwest)

Female hypo (1 gene, not a super) coastal 33% het axanthic (hope that pans out). (Produced by nick mutton)

Male Albino 50% darwin, 25% coastal, 25% papuan. (Constrictors northwest)

Male Axanthic coastal/papuan

Female granite papuan. (Produced by conviction reptiles)

Female Striped axanthic coastal mix (produced by star pythons)

Ill edit the OP to show this to be easier to match up haha. Im planning to breed the pure bloods, the mixes i am not. Originally when i decided i was going to breed, i was going to breed for appearance, but eventually changed my mind and decided to only breed pures. I was not about to cull or abandon the mixes though, so they are still with me. I may eventually choose to rehome them if i find the right pet only homes, but for now, just giving them good care. Its not like they arent awesome snakes anyways haha, i just dont want to screw over people who prefer pure by spamming more mystery snakes into circulation.

1 Like

I dont, however if you were looking i know Nick Mutton has one left for sale. I havent had any issues with his snakes.

1 Like

It may be a bit difficult to sell the hets without a reputation. Unfortunately the market for balls is flooded with normals from what ive seen. On the other hand, if you hold a couple hets back for breeding you can put out some of the morphs. Just have a plan for all the normals and visual normals, the demand isnt as high as many think (largely because the supply is so high)

1 Like

Oh I don’t care about the money from that clutch, or from possible hets, ever. I aporeciate your tips, though, I sincerely do.

I can sell them to local pet shops here pretty easily.

Dm sent with my real plans…heh

I gotcha mayne, my concern is born out of care for the animals, and not out of any malice towards you :slight_smile: . As long as youve got a plan for what to do with the babies that sees them in good homes, thats all anyone can ask. I just know some get into the habit of culling that which they cant get rid of, and ive never been a fan of the practice.

2 Likes

No offense taken!

Worst case they might become food for ophiopagous snakes, but that isn’t really my style. Culling healthy animals is not on my happy list.

I think we see eye to eye on a lot of stuff, actually.

Using them as feeders isnt as bad as direct cull in my eyes. At least they serve a purpose that way and are not born just to die. As you stated, its not my favorite plan for breeding, but i can see the logic behind it.

1 Like

Too much off topic talk! Here is a fairly bad picture I just took of my gorgeous Papuan female, Eleanor Roosevelt.

She is stunning in person, but squirmy and hard to photograph!

3 Likes

I don’t have any, but morelia are my all time favorite snakes.

2 Likes

This girl is coming to me next week, she is a sister of my 2 jagpondros/carpondros, can’t wait

8 Likes

She’s here, and just as feisty as her siblings, but didn’t get tagged so that’s a bonus :joy::joy:

4 Likes

She looks beautiful!

1 Like