Morelia heads, who's all on here?

I turned on the heat lamp to see the snake better it was night time he is normally on the long or his hide and I did turn off the light.

1 Like

When the heat lamp is on during the day does it get too hot?

1 Like

What is too hot for the plastic?

1 Like

I am more worried about the snake. Do you have an infrared temperature gun or thermometer?

2 Likes

Yes I do have the heat gun

1 Like

Sometime during the day after the lamp has been on for a while can you check the temperature of the pvc pipe elbow right under the lamp and tell us the highest that it reads?

1 Like

About 102 degrees

1 Like

TURN THE LAMP OFF!!! That is way too hot and if the snake touches the metal screen it will burn the snake. Do you have it on a thermostat?

4 Likes

No, i do not have it on a thermostat but could I raise the heat lamp a few inches

1 Like

BUY ONE NOW! You really need one! No if, ands or buts!

5 Likes

I know I need to buy one idk where to buy them though

1 Like

Amazon. That’s where I get all mine, and they work perfectly. This is the one I use. https://www.amazon.com/Century-Thermostat-Controller-Germination-40-108%C3%82%C2%B0F/dp/B01I15S6OM/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Reptile+Temperature+Controller&qid=1642638601&sr=8-3

4 Likes

You still need a thermostat but you will need to raise it off of the screen. I’ve used things like this before and it works great. You may need one that goes higher but make sure you can attach the lamp to it.
Don’t use the lamp again until you have a thermostat.

@garciademueller Do you know if it is it on/off or pulse proportional?

2 Likes

Lucky duck! Roughs are a dream snake of mine. I’m here, happy to see a good thread like this also!

1 Like

I’m honestly not sure, I just know that it’s good at controlling temperature. I’ve used them for about a year at this point, and they work great.

1 Like

If it’s on/off (which I’m assuming it is since my inkbird t-stat is) it’s going to be annoying for everybody with the lamp turning on and off all day.
I recommend using a ceramic heat emitter on the thermostat and a low-power UV light that doesn’t emit heat.

2 Likes

13 Likes

Beautiful :star_struck:

1 Like

i didnt realize there was a forum haha well im here i guess lol

4 Likes

Welcome! Happy you are here! Feel free to explore!

1 Like