My hybrid collection

You mentioned you were working on some other possible hybrid pairings? If so could you please share? I’m very curious!

1 Like

I have some new crosses coming in as soon as they’ve had a few meals from a friend in Socal. They are Florida king (brooks phase) X Blotched king aka goini. I’ll be getting 1 normal 100% het albino possible het hypo, 1 normal 100% ht hypo, and one hypo. Those will eventually be crossed to an albino Honduran and my kingdurans and who knows beyond that. I’ve got projects for years to come with these guys. I’m also acquiring 2 Cass county locale bulls from massive parents. The male will be used for both pure bulls (with the matching female) and hybrids though I won’t decide exactly how until I get closer to that. Next year I’ll be looking for a male Honduran milk. I already have a female and it’s easier to trick them in to making hybrids with one of each sex available for scenting.

1 Like

Man why do you do that to me!! They are so gorgeous :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:.
That’s it I’m officially jealous now.

1 Like

Storm my albino jungle corn was cruising around her bin today after having shed, fed, and a good BM lol. So I gave her a little spritz and hung out with her for a few minutes.

7 Likes

Another stunner you got there @thebeardedherper! Since you like your share of hybrids have you ever thought about getting into pythons or boas at all? Whether it was to make hybrids or just to breed normally?

3 Likes

Once upon a time I had a small but respectable ball python collection that i had planned to breed. At some point I decided that ball pythons weren’t for me. They’re too slow and inactive for me personally. There are a few species I’d like to work with and try my hand at breeding like Savu pythons, spotted pythons, macklotts and maybe carpets some day. I’ve had most of those in the past but never tried to breed. I’m so over trying to keep giant snakes like burms and retics though superdwarves are still a possibility and I really like the retic x Timor phthons I’ve seen.
As for boas I currently have 7 boas of which 2 are breeding size. I paired them early this year with no luck as far as I can tell. I have been debating on whether I will continue down the boa path or not. I may only end up keeping my true redtails.

4 Likes

Possible female I may be picking up. Just waiting on sex confirmation. Brooksi Florida king x blotched king (goini)

3 Likes

Oh my gosh I never realize that was a black ratsnake! Such a beautiful animal again, definitely considering it now that I see that they’re a little bit heavier bodied than corn snakes

My suggestion with a black rat would be to ask the seller about the personality or if you can pick one out in person. Some are really easy going but many are like mine, total buttheads lol

Little brat bites and musk’s me every single time.

5 Likes

In my experience even the wild ones are surprisingly calm and I have only been musked twice by the wild ones. Babies/juveniles can have a higher tendency to be defensive but not all the time and usually calm down pretty quickly. Now Texas rat snakes? Those guys are evil and even the adults can be a handful. I hear the wild ones are vicious too. Though the seller said my girl was a sweetheart and was already as tame as a rat snake can get, and that seems to hold up. But once she is in food mode she stays in it for a while like many other colubrids. She will try to eat everything that moves at that point. :joy:

1 Like

All I know is I’ve had a handful over the years and while they can be really docile, when they’re bad they’re really bad lol. Just one of those species I think is better to pick out in person if you can.

1 Like

Storm my female albino jungle hybrid was being good for some pictures this afternoon and measuring at about 45 inches.

13 Likes

She is absolutely beautiful!!

1 Like

loving the purples in the snake, after seeing your hybrids, I no longer on the fence about them. Love your work, keep it up, keep changing minds.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Cookie by far is my favorite

3 Likes

Have you or do you know if anyone has ever had any success in trying to hybridize a Mexican black with a Gray Banded?

It seems like I have seen those before, but I can’t say for sure. Its not a mix I would personally seek out as I can’t see the point in it. There are already some very dark grey banded kings based on locality so I don’t see what is to be gained by the mix

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense. I just wondered what they looked like. A googlin we go

1 Like

What are the ‘rules’ regarding hybrids? Like, is same genus related closely enough to breed? Or only if they’re from the same continent as well? Has anyone made any hybrids with black milks? I’d be really curious to see how that species would look combined with others.

1 Like