New babies born today

Dang, I’m loving that first one!!

6 Likes

Those babies are looking great # 8 would be my favorite but its so hard to choose. Im not looking forward to that decision on my first litter. Lol

8 Likes

She has absolutely gorgeous coloring Tom! I remember after Kaluha had her babies she was irritated for a few weeks! Why is that Tom that birth affects female snakes that way! Hormones maybe? :thinking:

6 Likes

Can’t get enough of 8s tail! Such a great clutch, all of them are so nice!:+1:

5 Likes

I’m not really sure why. But I would think smell and hormones would have something to do with it. All I know now is that when I clean the female boa up and her cage soon after she gives birth, it helps. It could be just a female thing, too. My wife was irritable after giving birth to my 4 kids. :grin: Boy, she is going to kill me for that one. :rofl:

7 Likes

@banereptiles @dsed

Here are a few more pictures of #8

9 Likes

Oh my Tom! You are literally living on the edge! :joy:

7 Likes

What a stunner, thanks Tom

5 Likes

Thanks for more pics of her! She really is a definite standout! And don’t worry we won’t tell your wife!:rofl::joy:

8 Likes

Some new pictures of a few of the babies. I was cleaning cages today.

One of my keepers.

Here are three more babies.

First is the one i know David likes. This one may have to relocate to Texas.

Think the one on the left is the one Dennis likes if i remember right.

11 Likes

The one for me??? :smiling_face:

lol :joy:

7 Likes

Did not take a picture of that one as it’s in shed.

8 Likes

If i could afford it i would send every MM regular boa person one.

9 Likes

I was gonna ask but I see the answer here. :joy: Do you think you would cross a South Brazil back into the stock to accentuate the SB look more? And why not just not pair her? (Just to be clear, not a question in bad faith, I’m seriously debating crossing a nice Guyana/Suri into my jungles and Kahls, so asking in regards of a serious discussion. People seem to take my questions as insults and I end up blocked so just trying to be clear here.)

They all look amazing in the subsequent updates! The BCC makes the colors in the hypo pop. SBA wouldn’t be the first one I would choose to cross into them, but it still did them well!

7 Likes

@ccboas

I don’t take any of your questions as an insult. MM is in my opinion the best forum where people can and should ask any question with out get bitched at. We are all here to learn stuff, even me.

I don’t have plans to breed any back to mom to add more BCA to them now. If I produce a very nice albino or sunglow cross with these, I may breed it back to my pure female BCA to add more BCA influence. I don’t like breeding hets to hets as they produce possible het babies. Possible hets are harder to sell. I have for many years now only breed 100% het babies. This way, I can guarantee what the babies are.

The only het to het breeding I may do is this older male BCAXBCI to one of these females. But with any luck, I shouldn’t have to. As he is het albino and from two different parents.
I plan on breeding him next year or the year after to one of my sunglows. My plan is to make Mega Peak albinos.

I breed my adult female BCA because my male BCA passed away. So by the time I find a male BCA I like and grow him up, my female would probably be too old to breed.

I would add your Guyana / Suriname to your jungles and Kahl. Many people have already done it but won’t say they did. Every fire or super fire are BCA crosses. The first Princess diamond boa was a pure Southern Brazilian Amarali labeled as a Colombian BCI.
All VPI boas are crossed to. I’m not sure if Northern Brazilian BCC, Guyana’s, or Suriname were used to make them first.

Years ago, cross breed was highly dislike, but people still did it. But they would not admit it. Nowadays, most people don’t care. But in my opinion you should label them as crosses. This way, people who are looking for pure locality boas know what you are selling. Nowadays, all morphs are crosses anyway.

10 Likes

Ah, so no plans to add another SB either?

And yesss, that’s the way to do it! My first Kahl pairing I was able to make 100% dh, and am doing my best to keep making guaranteed hets in future pairings, too. Unfortunately not as lucky with my VPI project but I’ll get there.

And that sounds like a solid plan with the mega peak albino project! I would definitely love to see how that pairing ends up.

I see, on the reason for pairing. My girl Dominika is getting up there, too. 2008, and I am trying to get one final litter out of her as idk when she may pass. I have had a male (grandson from her amazing daughter, and he’s basically a spitting image of his grandfather) that’s possibly a little small yet to breed with her, and she’s building follicles, so I have back up males jic I don’t see enough action from him. She could potentially produce babies another 10 years but she could also keel over any day. :sweat_smile:

And yes, that’s why I want to cross them! O have already seen those who have done it, and they have amazing results, and that means I can also find unrelated stock to add in and save time when amping up the BCC influence. And yup, aware of the fire debacle, a lot have some heavy BCA influence still. I did not realize that about the VPI, though! That does explain some of their looks.

Absolutely, would be sold as hybrids, I want to explain how I got them to look the way they do. A lot of jungles (like my big girl) have some suspiciously BCC like traits, and I feel adding BCC in will just accentuate it.

9 Likes

I really don’t have plans on finding a male BCA I like in the time I have left on this earth. I am 58 now, and I don’t think I will see 75. It’s just a fact of life. I am overweight with high blood pressure. Dad died at 63. My brother died at 58.

In 2019, I also did a Northern Brazilian BCC X with my sunglow jungle motley BCI. Her babies came out very nice, in my opinion.

My Northern BCC is now just a family pet as she is going on 17 years old now. Got her when she was 6 months old.
Tried breeding 3 times with my male NB BCC, but it never worked.

Here are a few pictures of her babies. All are BCCXBCI

13 Likes

Yup! Love that beautiful snake!!

All the rest you posted here are amazing too!

12 Likes

Every snake pictured here is just gorgeous! I look at one and think, yeah, that’s my favorite - and then I look at another and think, no, that’s my favorite! Too much beauty!

8 Likes

Aw Tom you know that doesn’t surprise me! I have the feeling that you have a HUGE heart……. :blush:

7 Likes