New Social Media Platform

I’m excited to share some great news, and you may have already seen it coming. We have been working super hard for a while to launch our new social media platform, coldblooded.com! :tada:

icon

This is still a “secret” for now :shushing_face:, but we will announce it very soon. But we think it’s now at a good enough standard for you guys to take a look at.

Before I dive into the details, I want to assure you that this is not intended to replace our beloved MRC. In fact, it’s quite the opposite! Our goal is to enhance the reptile community and provide everyone with even more opportunities to connect, learn, and share.

MRC will always be where I am at first and foremost, but sometime posts will be made on there and shared here, just due to how powerful we can make posts over there.
But also vice versa, due to how well we can document and retrieve things on Discourse.

Coldblooded.com will serve as an expansion of our existing community, offering modern and dynamic features that we just cant get on Discourse. It has a Forum section, which we are working to sync with the MRC, so our posts on here will also gain much more visibility.

The feature list we have over there is huge and would take the majority of the day to explain, so I encourage you all to take a little time to embrace CB, explore its features, and ask that you please actively contribute to its growth. Your unique insights, experiences, and expertise will undoubtedly make a difference and help us create a thriving reptile community that kills off the reptile part of Facebook.

If you mod a group anywhere on the Internet (or even just want to start one), you are absolutely welcome to come and create a group on there, even if you want it private and just for your friends.

We genuinely believe that Coldblooded will be an incredible addition to the MorphMarket umbrella, and help build a better MRC in the long run.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

10 Likes

@lumpy May 2023 “OTM” Winners Thread! – This would be a good post to use to introduce yourself over there

4 Likes

ooooh interesting! I am trying to not be on social media too much while I’m writing, but I made an account to check it out

5 Likes

I have moved this to the community support team category.

@community_support please read over the above and let me know if you have any questions.

7 Likes

Interesting. I’ll try and give it a good look-over in the next couple of days.

5 Likes

Instant thought-

Facebook?.. :thinking:

5 Likes

Yeah, this is our Facebook competitor. Reptiles are becoming less and less welcome on FB by the day.

I mentioned this to Riley, but we dont expect even 5% of the MRC members to join in over there. We are a different set of people here than the FB crowd

9 Likes

To be fair, as it’s going to be only for reptiles I like it! :grin:
Will there be an app eventually? :thinking:

I hate fb, people… drama… not needed :joy:

This should be great, layout is brill, easy to use and I’ve already found the market place! Mwahaha :rofl:

I will say profile pics seem blurry but I get it’s early days so assume will be sorted at some point!

So far, so good!! :black_heart:

7 Likes

Love the feedback, Elisha!

There will be, but for now you can use the “save to homescreen” setting in your browser for a app like experience.

Yeah I think we might need to play with some settings :thinking:

6 Likes

Actually, I think my profile picture is low resolution.

4 Likes

I don’t know if we are going to be able to sell animals on there though, right @eaglereptiles

4 Likes

Lol :joy:, I can agree with this :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

That is pretty cool

5 Likes

I see lots joining so are they all testers of the new site?

Or are we able to share about? :thinking:

4 Likes

Exciting!

So we can share mm listings on there when up and running or…

4 Likes

Yeah, those are people Darien and John have invited to get some substance in there for release. We didnt want it to be a graveyard :sweat_smile: we are not going open to the public with it just yet though.

Im not 100% where everything stand on the marketplace side of it yet… Its a bit confusing, but we will make it work.

4 Likes

Well then you are in the wrong hobby LOL… I swear, 85% of the drama on my FB is from the herp groups

5 Likes

Awh no…

To be fair this hobby is drama to isn’t it :smiling_face_with_tear:

6 Likes

Aint that the truth :joy:

6 Likes

Just a heads up guys, I am going to announce this to the MM News cat
:blush:

5 Likes