Noodle Haus '23, another leaky egg?

Thread to update on eggs/hatchlings this year. As of right now, there are two clutches in incubation.

Pineapple x Chipmunk

Laid 4/29
:female_sign: Pineapple: Snow Het Palmetto, pos unknown hets
:male_sign: Chipmunk: Ghost Motley-Stripe, Het Amel/Charcoal/Diffused/Lavender, pos het Cinder

Azula x Cuddles*

Laid 5/6
:female_sign: Azula: Anery Tessera
:male_sign: Cuddles: Ghost

*Azula was also paired with Chipmunk for a short time.

One of Azula’s eggs seems to want to take after Leaky’s example, noticed a dewdrop on it:

This one isn’t quite halfway through incubation, so we’ll see how it goes. I think the dew is caused to the permeability of the shell in that area. It’s where another egg had been attached, so it’s not a “true” leak as there’s no breach of the shell itself.

I’ll probably add updates on my '22 remaining hatchlings and holdbacks a bit later, too. For anyone who remembers my problem feeder Sneaky, he’s still hanging in there somehow!

12 Likes

Got to catch them all :wink:

Dewy….

10 Likes

Watch Dewy also hatch into a corn that grows like crazy. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

lol that is so how it is going to be :joy:.

8 Likes

I guess this is the universe telling me I should start my own line of gigantic corns. :rofl:

8 Likes

Imagine 20 foot corn snakes

8 Likes

Now that’s quite the mental image!

8 Likes

or even better…
20 foot SCALELSS corn snakes

8 Likes

Maybe, or it is telling you that I need another corn snake from you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

I think that would be quite scary lol :joy:. Corns have incredible food drive for their size, not to mention how fast they would be able to move at that size :flushed:

8 Likes

We’re all going to be corn snake chew toys, it’s fiiiiine. :upside_down_face: But yeah, 20ft speed demons that like snacks…I feel like we’d all be a little wary.

9 Likes

But imagine a retic sized scaleless snake. THE WRINKLES! THINK OF THE WRINKLES!

10 Likes

You may remember Boop & Sneaky as the two problem feeders of the 2022 clutch. Boop now eats regularly, drop fed only, still won’t take from the tongs. Yesterday I once again attempted to feed Sneaky, watched in awe as he took both pinkies I left for him! He’s now eating every 94ish days :upside_down_face: :joy:

8 Likes

Every 94ish days, so easy on a snake parent’s nerves! Lol

Glad things are going well in incubator-land. Now I’ll look forward to the advent of Dewy. Wondering about those 20’ corns! :thinking: :rofl:

5 Likes

I’ll take at least somewhat of a schedule versus having to assist feed again. Hoping that this is maybe the start of feeding regularly by himself. It was actually the first time he took food in his enclosure, too. Previous feeding was in a shoebox after simulating a car ride. :melting_face:

The only egg that is questionable is the one from Azula’s clutch labeled “NO”, which has an embryo but it seems to have stopped developing quite early. As long as Dewy’s egg doesn’t fully breach, I think there’s a great chance of hatching. 20’ may be a stretch, even for the big genes. :joy:

7 Likes

The things we do for our animals. :joy:

5 Likes

Well maybe not the 20’ yet but the way Leaky is growing possibly 6-7’ corns in the future :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I’m still just stunned by her growth, what a gorgeous basically adult she’s become! :joy: Always been the overachiever of the family.

3 Likes

I would definitely get a corn snake if it grew to 6-7’, especially if it was a palmetto or some kind of darker morph :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Don’t tempt me, lol.

4 Likes