Reptile Morph Art Series

Not to mention…never sleeping…like ever…I know from experience :rofl:. Literally my heart rate during a test sits around 130 bpm. And if I am super stressed…you know those little black spots when you are running super hard…me lol :joy:.

4 Likes

Yeppppp, I’m literally on blood pressure medication now because I’m so high strung :joy: :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

Uh oh guys, guess who had some art time!!

Here is a gorgonopsid, a cool link between mammals and reptiles, which has a simplified version of the pattern from Walking with Monsters (or was it Walking with Beasts? I think monsters is pre dinosaurs and beasts is after…?)

Next up is a Gigantoraptor, a giant oviraptorid that I based on a secretary bird

And Meraxes gigantus, a carcharadontosaur named after the Golden Fury, Meraxes, a dragon from House of the Dragon (which I love) so I HAD to base it after a golden reptile, a bell leo!

7 Likes

Looking good, looking good, looking good! I think the Meraxes gigantus is my favorite from this set. I think. It’s a tough choice!

4 Likes

Thank you! And I’d have to agree, I really like how the tail speckles came out. Chaotic but not overly so

3 Likes

That is amazing! The new episode about prehistoric horses was amazing! I know it came out like 10 minutes ago, I just wanted to say that anyway, lol. Also that Meraxes Gigantus based off of a bell Leo is amazing. :lizard: :heart: :sauropod:

5 Likes

Thank you so much! A big episode on spinosaurus just went up in case you might be interested!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

4 Likes

Just watched your video on spinosaurus! I loved it so much, especially since i’ve been super interested in how spinos have changed over the years! The art was also amazing as per usual!

4 Likes

Thank you so so much, that was a super fun one to make!!

4 Likes

Worked on a few pieces today, here are the reptile-associated ones!

Erythrosuchus - red headed agama (trying to have more dynamic poses, so here’s a sploot!). Since its name means ‘red crocodile,’ I knew that MASSIVE noggin needed to be bright red!

Supersaurus - zulu AFT gecko

7 Likes

What fun! I love the poses.

4 Likes

Thank you! I’m working to try and force myself to find more dynamic poses, both to grow as an artist and to avoid visual repetition. It’s a challenge, but a fun one!

3 Likes

Here is the newest described ceratopsian, the Lokiceratops. Yes, Loki. Named as the horns on its crests resemble the iconic headgear of Marvel’s interpretive character based on the Norse trickster god.

Based on an Emerald Tree Boa to capture that yellow/green color scheme iconic to the Loki character

8 Likes

And here is a Diplocaulus, an ancient amphibian that may (?) have been able to survive freezing conditions like some amphibians today can!

Based on the beautiful fire salamander

7 Likes

Nice work, as always!

Well, that’s curious. Do you know the basis for why this is thought to be possible with a Diplocaulus?

4 Likes

I’m curious to hear this as well. I could imagine this being true with an amphibian such as Koolasuchus which lived in a more polar region, but from my understanding I thought that Diplocaulus had a much more equatorial range.

4 Likes

This one’s gotta be my favorite, the goofy lil’ derp eyes!

4 Likes

I think I got stuck in a body swap situation! I drew Diplocaulus properly but was imagining in my mind the Koolasuchus scene from WWD! Looks like I need to draw Koolasuchus soon then!

5 Likes

Here’s a monolophosaurus with a black-headed python pattern. I saved each step of the process to show that too!

7 Likes

Oooohhh. SUPER cool! That’s a dinosaur I’ve not heard of, but now I want one. I want one who looks just like the one you’ve drawn! (Edited for typo.)

5 Likes