Show off your Ball Pythons

He didn’t leave, he explored :rofl: I hate escapees :pensive:

2 Likes

To be fair he could’ve got into Hideyoshi’s tub (or the woodlice) That’s what scared me the most as they have hiked up top but obviously he can’t get out as he’s big!
Would he of killed him or?… oh I hate to think… :weary:

I think they just like to see us cry…
I mean, if they happily eat afterwards…:smirk:
I don’t know what’s worse, when escape their tubs, or when they just "casually " try to escape you when you’re holding them…:rofl:

They are like kids, only think about themselves in the moment

1 Like

I have some geckos who try escaping. Casually escaping without the casually, two I lost for about 5 minutes from handling and I was panicking (2 different times), another one makes quick motions a couple times per handling session like she’s thinking about jumping but decides not to to jump. Another one just walks across my hands, he keeps walking whether or not another hand is there to catch him (I don’t handle him with one hand anymore).

2 Likes

Oh I fell down the rabbit hole and got curious by the void of black axanthic combos! I wasn’t planning to breed, but I’ve been seriously thinking about it. Her breeder is trying again for some visuals this year with the same pairing, so I want to see what those look like first. And I need my husband to not think I’m totally nuts, haha.

1 Like

That’s awful, I’m glad you where able to get them all back.
Okay, that right there is the worst.
I mean, if they’re just casually trying to escape, you can just scoop them right back up, nothing is worse than a dasher…:joy:

1 Like

I’ve learned not to handle the younger ones over the floor lol. My first younger gecko quickly received the name “Speedy Gonzales”. :rofl: I haven’t even handled my crested geckos yet but from what little I’ve tried it would be worse (it’s a pain with two people just to get them in a container for cleaning the tank lol).

2 Likes

I have one Crestie, she’s a right pain, jumps like a crazy gecko. I’m hoping she will get better with age :crossed_fingers: she doesn’t try to escape though uckily, she just HATES being handled! She’s my crazy girl :crazy_face: too cute to stay mad though

2 Likes

Drink time after the photo shoot :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Looks like his settling in well :snake:

1 Like

We are best friends now!
He just had to be a pain in the butt and try to kill me multiple times first to realise I’m not a threat :joy:

Though the wally has someone messed up his head if you can see it?
Looks like he’s hit it? :woman_facepalming:t2:

I can see it now you mention it. Did he do it when he went on his adventure to see the Geckos?

It was there before that, but seems to have healed funny. See how it looks after next shed as he’s a clean shedder thankfully!
He is very active at night especially so I think he’s whacked on something, he also is able to move his skull hide and flip it, so maybe that’s what did it?..

1 Like

Here’s my girly, she’ll be with me first week of November! Will share name once she’s here :wink:
Slow start, she was sassy and would attack her food and not take it, but the breeder got her on multis and she’s now taking rats like a champ!
So I Finally get my Bamboo soon! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Any thoughts on her being yellow belly? I can get belly shots once she’s here Ofcourse in a couple weeks, but I know can be hard to see on bamboos :sweat_smile:
@akmorphs i know you love your bamboos :yum: Good with yb in them too? :laughing:

9 Likes

9 Likes

I don’t honestly see yb in your bamboo. Unfortunately I’ve had the weird experience with bamboo and yb. The two bamboos I’ve purchased had yb in them and orange spots. The hatchlings from my bamboo pairing that had yellowbelly also carried orange dots. I dont know if thats a sure sign of telling if bamboo has yb in it, but I did a poll on IG months back asking people who owned bamboo with yb if they had orange spots as well. Well low and behold like 98% of them did :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Oh really? All the bamboo yb I’ve seen (that are so called ones) don’t have orange spotting, that’s cool to have though!
I know going by belly helps too but I’m not gonna pester the guy for more pics :sweat_smile:

Thank gosh if not though, how the hell would I even tell myself! :grimacing:
She’ll be paired to blaze in the future. He’s yellow enough let alone trying to figure that out! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

8 Likes

Which do I prefer…
Has to be the left one, looks peachy! :peach: :snake:

1 Like